Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! No Audio Output Device is Installed!

Options
  • 25-11-2011 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

No Audio Output Device is Installed!

Today I upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Pro.

My PC is Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo J.

Bottom right, My sound icon has an x over it.

I've spent all night googling this problem.
    Tried many ways of fixing it. Every time I go into device manager and try update it, it does and says its ok!
    Including uninstalling the current drivers and the hidden ones. Then letting Windows find them again and reinstall them.
    Before I updated my OS Windows said my sound drivers would be compatible.

In Device Manage it shows as:
    High Definition Audio Device

I've updated windows, re booted a million times....etc

Then when I try to get the drivers off the Fujitsu Siemens website, it just has a link to some stupid software(Driver Tools). Will this fix the problem if I actually pay for it? Because it lets you download it and gets your hopes up until you want to actually update the driver(even though windows says its already updated).

And then the troubleshoot is absolutely useless, it can't find a solution.

See Picture attached please.

Please helpp.. Need sound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Do you have a mute button ...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

Got it. After spending the whole night on this.

I just downloaded realtek drivers and installed them. I don't know why this solution wasn't anywhere else on the internet.I just figured it out.

Anyone else having a sound issue download realtek drivers and install. Then retart pc. Sorted!

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

Was going to suggest a few things but you have it fixed now, nice one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

im not sure if this is the same problem youre having but worth a shot..

http://seoroot.com/blog/computing/hardware/acer-aspire-4520-fix-realtek-hd-audio-install-failure.html

looks like you already got it sorted :)

you should never rely on windows update for your drivers anyway! go straight to the manufacturer.

thanks for the replies guys.

its actually not totally fixed. I did that, i heard a windows 7 sound or 2 when i booted up. Now its gone again...
    Grrr.. :/ ...

• Advertisement

dyer wrote: »
    im not sure if this is the same problem youre having but worth a shot..

http://seoroot.com/blog/computing/hardware/acer-aspire-4520-fix-realtek-hd-audio-install-failure.html

looks like you already got it sorted :)

you should never rely on windows update for your drivers anyway! go straight to the manufacturer.

thats exactly my problem now ha nice one, ill check it out! ;)

try the steps in the link above for removing the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio...

try the steps in the link above for removing the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio...

doing that now, uninstalled realtek. Will reboot, re-install it, reboot again and pray. ;)

cool, hope it works!

cool, hope it works!

Ok, all is good. I just made windows updates 'Not update automatically' instead to 'Ask me before it installs anything'

So now Realtek is up and running and my sound is nice and soundy ;)

• Advertisement

follow these steps to disable automatic update of drivers... or at least change it to prompt you to install drivers.. then cancel any attempts when it asks after rebooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2803-device-installation-settings.html

*edit* heh beat me to it, nice one.. enjoy your soundy sounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i124Q wrote: »
    Got it. After spending the whole night on this.

I just downloaded realtek drivers and installed them. I don't know why this solution wasn't anywhere else on the internet.I just figured it out.

Anyone else having a sound issue download realtek drivers and install. Then retart pc. Sorted!

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

;)

OK I know that this thread is probably years old. But poking around in these threads found the answer for me - AFTER -

System Restore
    An infinite amount of pointless searching on MS Vista help threads....
    Reinstalling Realtek drivers repeatedly
    Getting hopelessly lost in my Device manager, control panel, sounds cards - and failing to find....
    And probably tons of other sh*te I can't remember now.

I was seriously considering drop kicking the laptop out of the backdoor.

Advertisement