Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim partner wanted

• 25-11-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭

Went swimming today, first time in a few weeks I've been terrible at motivating myself to go, so I've decided I need a swim partner.

So basically I swim in UL Arena in Limerick, looking to swim 2 or 3 times a week. My swimming level is not very good, I do about 5 x 100m and thats me done I was up to 7 x 100m awhile ago but my with my lack of swimming its dropped a bit. To be honest I think part of why its dropped is nearly motivation, where as if there was a swimming partner there I'd feel more, motivated I reckon. That said I am looking to improve and get better, not just keep doing what I am.

So looking for someone who is of a similar level probably doesn't matter too much, so long as spending about 30min in the pool, and maybe a nice spot of steam room after tongue.gif. I suppose ideally someone in similar situation as myself that they want to go but find it hard to motivate themselves to get there.

Also I'll be going back to dublin over christmas and then back permantly next summer as I'm just doing a postgrad down in Limerick. I'm 27 if that matters but I'm not too bothered by age. I've no idea how well this will work but sure whats the worst that can happen, so if you are interested can post here or pm me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Im not able to swim... Does that help my chances cruizer? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Might not be what yer looking for but...
    www.limericksubaqua.com

Thru the winter, every Tuesday night at 9pm in Ul Arena Pool. 2 lanes of SCUBA training and 2 lanes dedicated to snorkeling. You can throw on a pair of fins and goggles and our instructor will put you thru a regime to help build underwater endurance. Goal is to do 50 meters on one breath (and beyond!)

It meets the motivation factor at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Thanks yankinlk looks interesting, I was never great at holding my breathe mind so will have to practice a bit. Are new members able to join at any stage, might consider after christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Thanks yankinlk looks interesting, I was never great at holding my breathe mind so will have to practice a bit. Are new members able to join at any stage, might consider after christmas.

Breath Hold not a serious issue - the class is for improving that anyway. You are free to go at any pace, come up for a breath whenever - its not like you are under pressure from a screaming swim coach! ;)

Anyone is welcome to drop by at any stage, but the sooner you get in the more sessions you can avail of.

We have members in the water from 8 to 80 years of age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Just thought I'd try bump this sure now its the new year and that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

would you think of joining the limerick masters swimming club? Its open to decent swimmers 25(ish) and over.

We swim 3 evenings a week and a saturday morning. Would be a great way to get you going.

There's a bit of a website here limerickmasters.com

Advertisement