Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can calls be traced?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Got a fairly abusive phone-call i want to let the guards know about in the morning, unfortunately it was off private number :( But i have a fairly good idea who it was :)
    Can they or my phone provider identify who it was & what was said??

pudzey :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Got a fairly abusive phone-call i want to let the guards know about in the morning, unfortunately it was off private number :( But i have a fairly good idea who it was :)
    Can they or my phone provider identify who it was & what was said??

pudzey :pac:

You should certainly report it to the gardai, but I'm not sure a single call would be enough to warrant them asking the provider to trace it (unless the call is extremely threathening or mention of harm to the recipient is made). There generally has to be a number of calls made before it's classed as "nuisance" at which point it's certainly possible they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

DarkJager wrote: »
    You should certainly report it to the gardai, but I'm not sure a single call would be enough to warrant them asking the provider to trace it. There generally has to be a number of calls made before it's classed as "nuisance" at which point it's certainly possible they would.

Thanks mate :) serious threat, the person knew my address etc but im only fairly sure who it was not 100% :(
    Just asking for a bit of advice before i head down in the morning :)

DarkJager wrote: »
    You should certainly report it to the gardai, but I'm not sure a single call would be enough to warrant them asking the provider to trace it. There generally has to be a number of calls made before it's classed as "nuisance" at which point it's certainly possible they would.

Thanks mate :) serious threat, the person knew my address etc but im only fairly sure who it was not 100% :(
    Just asking for a bit of advice before i head down in the morning :)

No worries man, glad to help. Make sure you have the exact time it was made too. And also ask your phone provider if they offer anonymous call rejection - private and withheld numbers will never reach your phone again.

i have everything :) can they do that for you?? :eek:
    I would'v done that ages ago:)Iv had this number for 4-5 years i think its just too important getting a new one atm :D

i have everything :) can they do that for you?? :eek:
    I would'v done that ages ago:)Iv had this number for 4-5 years i think its just too important getting a new one atm :D

Depends on the provider, you'll need to call and find out. One trick I've used on receiving these type of calls in the past is to very calmly tell them they've forgot to hide their number. Usually followed by silence, call ending and no more calls again ;)

• Advertisement

Haha thats a good one :)
    next time ill say "jeez u never put ur number on private" should do the trick hopefully !!! :)

Advertisement