Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proof that burglars really don't care.

• 25-11-2011 3:01am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15876172
    A teenage burglar has written a letter to his victims in which he blamed them for his crime and crime said he felt no remorse.
    West Yorkshire Police released the letter in an effort to warn people about the dangers of leaving their properties vulnerable to intruders.
    At the absolute least they should have added something to his sentence, or confiscated something of his so he feels a loss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Not like the kind, caring burglars of yore.

Now that we have proof, hopefully people will finally believe how bad these modern burglars are.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

That kid should be quietly and secretly executed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Doesn't it go without saying that they don't care by virtue of them being burglars!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

dolanbaker wrote: »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15876172
    A teenage burglar has written a letter to his victims in which he blamed them for his crime and crime said he felt no remorse.
    West Yorkshire Police released the letter in an effort to warn people about the dangers of leaving their properties vulnerable to intruders.
    At the absolute least they should have added something to his sentence, or confiscated something of his so he feels a loss!

They should have thrown the **** into a bath with a live power cable for being a useless illiterate scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Don't you people touch a hair on that boy's head.

That boy just needs a hug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

That boy just needs a hug.

Yeah, a Bear Hug, preferably by a real-life hungry Bear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

they should have added something to his sentence

.... for instance correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. His use of the English language was the real crime here (other than the real crime here).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Senna wrote: »
    Yeah, a Bear Hug, preferably by a real-life hungry Bear.

with mechanical arms covered in sandpaper and wasps

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

It could be worse, he could have taken a shyte on their rug like some burglers I know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

What type of as$hole writes a letter after robbing someone? :rolleyes:

Love the way he calls them dumb too. yeah, thats right, he is so smart writing a letter with his own hand writing and touching the paper too. He actually tags it off with something that BBC blurred out. Wouldnt be surprised if it was his nick name ... "deco" or some $hite. :pac:

No wonder he bloody got caught. Should of gotten more than community service knowing the letter tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

"West Yorkshire Police released the letter in an effort to warn people about the dangers of leaving their properties vulnerable to intruders."

But all of my stuff is vulnerable to intruders. It's not bolted down. The front door only keeps out the opportunists...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Hopefully some kind and gentle burglars will break into my place and leave some money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It goes to show how these people think
    "It's your fault for leaving the window open"
    "Look what you made me do"
    Basically saying "I don't have free will and will steal at any opportunity, not because I choose to but because I can."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

At the absolute least they should have added something to his sentence...

Like some correct spellings or punctuation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

That joke was already done. Unsuccessfully.

That joke was already done. Unsuccessfully.

I'll be the judge of that. And I didn't see it; it's too early to read the whole thread.

I think scumbags like these should be given a choice between jail or school. They should be force-fed education.

And put them on a swim team. Training every morning at 5.30 will soon reduce their desire for unwanted extra-curricular activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I wonder if he will see the irony and futility of complaining when his ass is burgled in prison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

CageWager wrote: »
    It could be worse, he could have taken a shyte on their rug like some burglers I know :D
    Ah see these modern lads do be watching the CSI etc and know they can get your DNA off that turd.

Why did the prison officers or police allow the victims to see the letter? Did they not think that the family suffered enough ?

As for not being remorsefull well thats why they do it in first place. Ya wouldnt make a good burglar or criminal in general if you had a fierce conscience! Imgaine if ya did, shedding a few tears while looking at the family photos in the house you are robbing, knocking back to house the next day to give back the stolen goods etc!:pac:

The only ones that would be remorsefull these days would be junkies when they get clean as they arent driven by an insatiable need for a fix and would rob their own mothers to get it.

Seriously though alarms are dirt cheap to buy and install these days so get one people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Does anyone need proof that burglars care? They do care - about themselves and satisfying their greed, but that is all.:rolleyes:

We really need mandatory sentences - a long stretch of hard labour - for anyone who breaks into another person's home.:mad:

Why did the prison officers or police allow the victims to see the letter? Did they not think that the family suffered enough ?

They didn't. It was withheld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Of course they don't care, they're burglars! They break into people's homes and rob their things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

Is this a new legal development - Perpertrator impact statements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm outraged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I haven't watched the news report but I imagine his argument was persuasive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Of course they don't care, they're burglars! They break into people's homes and rob their things :rolleyes:
    Or they are communists who beleive all property is theft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

LighterGuy wrote: »
    What type of as$hole writes a letter after robbing someone? :rolleyes:
    someone who was court ordered to write a letter of apology. apparently they didn't stipulate that it had to be a well written one. or apologetic.

Advertisement