Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loyalty in a relationship

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I was out tonight having the craic. I have a girlfriend (albeit long distance for the time being) but I got chatting to a girl tonight and we really hit it off.

We were able to chat about absolutely anything, and were getting on great.

But the one thing I would never do is cheat on my girlfriend - I just am not like that, let alone attempt to deal with the guilt the next day.

This girl tried several times to get me to go back to her apartment, even trying several times to grab a hold of my crotch (!), but I stood my ground and said no.

And to be completely honest, I am damn proud of myself - I was hammered but still knew that I couldn't do anything like that (cue Meatloaf song).

A lot of you may call me "ghey" and a "wimp" but I feel on top of the world right now - not because I said no to that girl (let's be honest it should be a given anyway) but because I actually felt great saying no and great knowing that I have a girl in my life whom I absolutely love to bits.

Have any of yee been in this situation before? How did it turn out for ye?

Fair play for not giving in and staying loyal to your long distance GF.
    Resisting temptation can be difficult but worth it.
    No harm in looking at the menu, so long as you don't sample the goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I have enough trouble trying to satisfy one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Hey uglybolloxface, fair play man, you oul wan asked me to tell you she's proud of you.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I was out tonight having the craic. I have a girlfriend (albeit long distance for the time being) but I got chatting to a girl tonight and we really hit it off.

We were able to chat about absolutely anything, and were getting on great.

But the one thing I would never do is cheat on my girlfriend - I just am not like that, let alone attempt to deal with the guilt the next day.

This girl tried several times to get me to go back to her apartment, even trying several times to grab a hold of my crotch (!), but I stood my ground and said no.

And to be completely honest, I am damn proud of myself - I was hammered but still knew that I couldn't do anything like that (cue Meatloaf song).

A lot of you may call me "ghey" and a "wimp" but I feel on top of the world right now - not because I said no to that girl (let's be honest it should be a given anyway) but because I actually felt great saying no and great knowing that I have a girl in my life whom I absolutely love to bits.

Have any of yee been in this situation before? How did it turn out for ye?

I haven't read the thread so this has probably (hopefully!) been said already but, what do you want, a ****ing medal?

You didn't cheat on your girlfriend. Well done you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Kiera wrote: »
    Bring it on :D

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Once you cheat a couple of times, you don't feel any guilt and it's fine. It's good for a man sometimes, to have a bit of strange, good for the relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭colc1

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Once you cheat a couple of times, you don't feel any guilt and it's fine. It's good for a man sometimes, to have a bit of strange, good for the relationship.

I think theres too much about monogamy...it just complicates the vast majority of guys whether they act on it or not dont want to be with just one woman...sexually I mean if that wasnt obvious.... Why arent open relationships more common I dont get it....

Sure as long as youre being honest its just physical?? I think monogamy is often...arguably always a control mechanism and satisfying for people's egos... Not kidding sorry for going off topic slightly but it still relates to loyalty in a relationship as the thread is titled....

I dont get the OP point really either sure we've all been in that situation....it happens (especially when you're in a relationship unfortunately).

Advertisement