Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Have to constantly reboot router

• 25-11-2011 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have 3mb Eircom broadband and having trouble with it at the moment.

The speed is dropping big time everyone hour or two - can drop below 400kbps and 500ms pings. Then I reboot the router and get up to 2.90mb with 70ms pings.

Another while later - speeds plummet again.

Is there any setting I can change on the router, or am I just stuck with this situation given the way ADSL works, distance from exchange, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Strange how your speed is good after every reboot, leads me to believe there are background programs using up your bandwidth, or somebody could be using your Wifi without your knowledge... check that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

mark17j wrote: »
    Strange how your speed is good after every reboot, leads me to believe there are background programs using up your bandwidth, or somebody could be using your Wifi without your knowledge... check that out.

Hi Mark, cheers for the reply.

I have WPA2 on the router and I've matched up all the IP's to devices on the network.

I've also disconnected all the phones incase there was a faulty phone or something.

Advertisement