Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WBA v Spurs

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Was in work so will watch the highlights tonight.

we game of the day on sky at 8.25

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can I just say.. I f**King LOVE SPURS these days.

I love them every day (obviously) but at the moment I cant stop thinking and smiling about them!

Cracking result.
    Missed the first half but according to the report on BBC, WBA where robbed of several peno decisions, a disallowed goal and Sandro was lucky to escape a 2nd yellow but who cares. Ade is back on form and Defoe is taking his chances. i thought both played well off each other especially in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Can I just say.. I f**King LOVE SPURS these days.

I love them every day (obviously) but at the moment I cant stop thinking and smiling about them!

Cracking result.
    Missed the first half but according to the report on BBC, WBA where robbed of several peno decisions, a disallowed goal and Sandro was lucky to escape a 2nd yellow but who cares. Ade is back on form and Defoe is taking his chances. i thought both played well off each other especially in the 2nd half.

A disallowed goal? Don't remember that, the peno decisions were right though could of been a card for diving in the box for Jerome Thomas.

That said Sandro was a little lucky not to get a second yellow card

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

I think Parker is te best midfielder in the Premiership at the moment. Dare I say but he is like Roy Keane.......but with a better temperment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think the disallowed goal is when Friedel looked close to carrying the ball over the net while being bustled/foulded. I don't know why that was even mentioned to be honest.

I didn't see the 2nd penalty shout to WBA but the first one should have been a yellow to the WBA player as it was a clear dive.

I have to agree with Coolaboy too - Parker is just immense. The difference he's made to the team is just amazing. He never gives up and seems to inspire the rest of the team to give it their all. VDV is out, Ade scores 2 and Defoe scores 1 - happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

this day seems to be getting better, the arsenal are 1-0 down, it wud be great for us if they drop points!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

1-1 now. I'd happily take pulling two points away.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't give a f00k about arsenal's result, the spurs one though, now that was great...very nervy to watch at times, ade going so close so often then our defense leaving gaping holes for WBA to worry us - thankfully they couldn't take their chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sweet, Arsenal draw at home. Now for City to beat Liverpool tomorrow and there'll be a nice gap opening up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Result: Arsenal 1-1 Fulham :D

• Advertisement

love BMJ , Thanks Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nice, Aresnal drop points. Now for the Pool to hold City to a draw, would be best result for us. Its coming together folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's mad a part of me kinda wants Liverpool to beat them cause I wanna claw to this dream of going for the title but thinking with my head you got to hope for a city win.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

ziedth wrote: »
    It's mad a part of me kinda wants Liverpool to beat them cause I wanna claw to this dream of going for the title but thinking with my head you got to hope for a city win.

It's not good to think of the possibility of such lofty heights as far as Spurs is concerned - given the record you kinda know that the likelihood of having your hopes dashed is pretty high. The higher you go, the further you have to fall an' all that.

BUT..we're on a graat run. We've played some great football, got lucky, stayed solid when under the kosh, won when not playing particularly well, and to cap it all we're looking a fairly solid third and lurking nicely just before December. All the ingredients normally associated with league winners

Personally, I'm a little excited at the possibility of what Spurs could achieve this season but some form of psychological defense mechanism automatically kicks in to stop me thinking such thoughts. Self-preservation, don't ya know.

I was thinking of adding a little 'PS' to my daughter's letter to Santa to ask if he can do anything to assist Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur..... and the Spurs go marching on

That is all :D

11 points picked up against bottom ten sides last year in all the away matches this season we have 15 points already 5 wins from 5 last year we won just two away matches against bottom ten sides!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

11 points picked up against bottom ten sides last year in all the away matches this season we have 15 points already 5 wins from 5 last year we won just two away matches against bottom ten sides!

Did anyone hear giles last night on the premiership . He was saying ' I'm not sure about spurs, how many of the big sides have they played against ?

What kind of a pundit is someone who doesn't even know what big games the 3rd placed team has played .

Sti thinks we are not up to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mickman wrote: »

Did anyone hear giles last night on the premiership . He was saying ' I'm not sure about spurs, how many of the big sides have they played against ?

What kind of a pundit is someone who doesn't even know what big games the 3rd placed team has played .

Another thing . All the pundits say we got a hiding from the two Manchester teams but not one has mentioned that we were without Luca , ade, Parker and king for those games . Our 4 best players

I guarantee if city came to the lane now there would be no 5-1

Another thing . All the pundits say we got a hiding from the two Manchester teams but not one has mentioned that we were without Luca , ade, Parker and king for those games . Our 4 best players

I guarantee if city came to the lane now there would be no 5-1
    Thats true I'm not too worried to be honest let them think what they want less pressure on us. Of the "Big" sides we only have Chelsea left to play so as long as we know who cares ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The City v Pool draw is lovely for us, keeps Pool below us. All top teams, City, Utd, Newcastle and Pool drop points while we win. This just couldn't get better.

• Advertisement

Great weekend of results for us , long may that continue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

What kind of a pundit is someone who doesn't even know what big games the 3rd araplaced team has played .

Shur Giles thought Gareth Bale was an English man there a while back,what would he know.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Did not see it, as I never watch that pathetic show. These so called pundits do not care about anyone but United Liverpool and Chelsea, no proper football knowledge at all. I always wait for Match of the day, the real Saturday football highlights show.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Did not see it, as I never watch that pathetic show. These so called pundits do not care about anyone but United Liverpool and Chelsea, no proper football knowledge at all. I always wait for Match of the day, the real Saturday football highlights show.

Same reason I watch MotD, and why I don't watch those ill-informed fools on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

KingdomYid wrote: »

Right with you, Kingdom.
    Besides, Gary Lineker's soft spot for Spurs always shines through;)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Hopefully the lads just focus on keeping this run going and see where it takes us. I still think we havent hit top form yet, i hope im right.

I think Defoe should keep his starting sport against Bolton even if VDV is fit, its sends the right message to the fringe players about taking their chance when it comes along.

Lets watch City, Man Utd and chelsea try unsettle all our players in Jan as i think they are starting to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

And we just keep gathering momentum. Great result at a ground where we haven't done too well in recent years. Nice to see JD score again and his link up play with Ade was a joy to watch at times.

Dare we dream...?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

oppiuy wrote: »
    Hopefully the lads just focus on keeping this run going and see where it takes us. I still think we havent hit top form yet, i hope im right.

I think Defoe should keep his starting sport against Bolton even if VDV is fit, its sends the right message to the fringe players about taking their chance when it comes along.

Lets watch City, Man Utd and chelsea try unsettle all our players in Jan as i think they are starting to worry

I agree with you. We've played some wonderful flowing football at times this season, but we've still got more in the locker. It's a good job to as we'll need in the busy few weeks ahead.

Bring on Bolton.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thinking with a clearer head this morning after the euphoria of Sats win, I think it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world if we dropped down to 4th of 5th place.
    Just as long as we stay within 3 points of whoever is in 3rd/4th place, We can stay under the radar... Then come mid-Jan we play our match in hand and play Utd and City add with the right results we could be sitting pretty!!!
    If we are within 6 points of the leaders going into Feburary then surely we have to be considered contenders!

Now all we have win all our games in between now and then. Ha :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement