Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

you're probably right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 222 ✭✭harryr711

How much does it cost to make and receive calls while roaming? Is it the same whether you're on bill pay or pay as you go?

For the €15 pay as you go deal, can you just get the sim card or do you have to pay for a phone too? And on that deal, if you opt for 1GB data per month, does the €6.99 come off the €15 top up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

harryr711 wrote: »
    How much does it cost to make and receive calls while roaming? Is it the same whether you're on bill pay or pay as you go?

For the €15 pay as you go deal, can you just get the sim card or do you have to pay for a phone too? And on that deal, if you opt for 1GB data per month, does the €6.99 come off the €15 top up?

Hi Harryr711

Yes Roaming charges are same for PAYG or Pay Monthly see here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/roamingrates.aspx

You can just get a SIM card for the €15 Unlimited Voice or Text deal (get your phone unlocked with your current network first)

See here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/conductyourplan.aspx

Yes you keep your €15 topup and the €6.99 will come from that topup balance each month

thanks
    Paul

Thanks. And on the €15/month deal, if you don't top up one month and run down the credit, does the deal come back into action again once topped up by €15 again?

Thanks. And on the €15/month deal, if you don't top up one month and run down the credit, does the deal come back into action again once topped up by €15 again?

Yes, once you are on the plan, topping up by €15 gives you the benefit for the next 30 days irrespective of when you last topped up.

• Advertisement

Yes, once you are on the plan, topping up by €15 gives you the benefit for the next 30 days irrespective of when you last topped up.

That's great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

was on to yous on sat. and you were ment to put 10e on my phone which i never got

lynp27 wrote: »
    was on to yous on sat. and you were ment to put 10e on my phone which i never got

Hi there

Please send you details to our Customer Care representatives at the link for private messaging below with the background to your conversation on Saturday and they will follow up this afternoon.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=554494

thanks
    Paul

thanks pm sent

Another simple question: When ordering a free sim online it requires your existing mobile number. If I want a new 089 number can I just put in all zeros for it and use the new 089 number that comes with the sim card?

• Advertisement

Another simple question: When ordering a free sim online it requires your existing mobile number. If I want a new 089 number can I just put in all zeros for it and use the new 089 number that comes with the sim card?

Hi there

This is just a contact number for the shipment.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Getting dropped phone connection over last week. City centre Dublin all the way to Ashbourne.
    Can browse on 3G and text but ring any number and I get disconnected.
    Wife's phone the same.
    Can take calls ok. Full coverage.
    Both on iPhones. Rebooted. No joy.

Was able to make calls this morning but not now. This is at least third time in the last week. Any reason for this?

Getting dropped phone connection over last week. City centre Dublin all the way to Ashbourne.
    Can browse on 3G and text but ring any number and I get disconnected.
    Wife's phone the same.
    Can take calls ok. Full coverage.
    Both on iPhones. Rebooted. No joy.

Was able to make calls this morning but not now. This is at least third time in the last week. Any reason for this?

Ill answer this myself. Contacted tech support and known issue an they're working on it. Be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 itshimself

Hi SMI

As unbelievable a reason as it may seem its absolutely true. There was some roof work being performed at the data centre and the roof was pierced and water flooded in over our cage in the data centre. There are engineers from our managed service partners out there presently doing 2 things - 1 trying to restore service ASAP for customers and 2 trying to assess the damage and medium term work needed.

Obviously we are not happy that this could happen at all but post mortems and lessons are for later. For now we are focussed on minimising impact to our customers and getting service in place.

regards
    Paul
    Will this be fixed by the morning do you think, and is this an O2 fault or a Tesco Mobile only fault.

Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I seem to remember that the last big Tesco mobile outage was also caused by a leaky roof - maybe it's time to get it sorted once and for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭andy73

Yes seems that I have no service, I had some issues yesterday and several days ago and now is completely down.
    Indeed Tesco has a good pricing but I do not think that this is an acceptable service level.

itshimself wrote: »
    Will this be fixed by the morning do you think, and is this an O2 fault or a Tesco Mobile only fault.

Ta

And also what happened the other problems over the last week?
    Definitely last Friday the same issue existed.

Hi All

Please refer to our Talk To Forum here for updates in relation to yesterday's network outage.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Ive been a customer of Tesco mobile for some time, I took a brief break and returned.

Id like to know about my Tesco bonus credit,

Previously,
    I would top up, get that amount top up credit and then get my bonus credit.
    At the end of 30days free calls to Tesco would end and I would start eating through my bonus credit, (no problems there) and then any remaining top up credit would be used.

I wouldnt use much credit normally, and as the numbers I would call are mostly on tesco mobile, thanks to me encouraging them to join.

Now, at the end of 30 days, my bonus credit or any remaining just disappears, I never received any notification of this happening, I just began to notice it, it seems a bit of a disadvantage for being a loyal customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

cerastes wrote: »
    Ive been a customer of Tesco mobile for some time, I took a brief break and returned.

Id like to know about my Tesco bonus credit,

Previously,
    I would top up, get that amount top up credit and then get my bonus credit.
    At the end of 30days free calls to Tesco would end and I would start eating through my bonus credit, (no problems there) and then any remaining top up credit would be used.

I wouldnt use much credit normally, and as the numbers I would call are mostly on tesco mobile, thanks to me encouraging them to join.

Now, at the end of 30 days, my bonus credit or any remaining just disappears, I never received any notification of this happening, I just began to notice it, it seems a bit of a disadvantage for being a loyal customer.

If you rejoined after 28th August then you have to take the new payg plans. Full details on the Tescomobile website. And they have excellent sim only monthly and 30-day rolling contract plans. For €10 a month you get 300 min, 300 texts & 1gb of data. Very tempted to jump to them myself:).

• Advertisement

If you rejoined after 28th August then you have to take the new payg plans. Full details on the Tescomobile website. And they have excellent sim only monthly and 30-day rolling contract plans. For €10 a month you get 300 min, 300 texts & 1gb of data. Very tempted to jump to them myself:).

After 28th August just gone? no, I rejoined well prior to this, last year
    I top up by a certain amount and get a certain amount free bonus credit.

Up to this point I was happy with Tesco mobile, there have been a few issues on occasion regarding not receiving texts from other tesco mobile users or having them being sent.
    I didnt even receive a text to suggest they were changing the terms and conditions if this is what happened. I dont just go reading the website all the time to see if things have changed, so the only way I knew was when I noticed my credit was disappearing. I consider that poor customer service, poorer than a technical fault which brings down the network as you can expect those kind of things to happen, which they have done rarely.

maybe this new system is a way of persuading people to move to their new contracts?

Id like a tesco rep to confirm this is what is happening and why they never informed customers, easily by text.

looking at the website briefly, it looks like the new call and text charges have gone up 25% and 33% respectively.

Hi All

regards
    Paul

I'm assuming that Tesco rep here do mon-fri, but quoting the last tesco reps last post, was a sunday? in case they only respond to quotes to the Rep
    Can you let reply to my previous query when you see it, Paul or another available rep.

Also,
    I had a look at Kristopherus suggestion of the sim only monthly plan, it seems like good value on the face of it, although I used to get better value even using my 10 euro top up with bonus credit as I could stretch that out longer than the month as most of my calls were to Tesco mobile, partly as I probably dont currently use 300 texts or mins in a month or any data anymore.

With the 12 month sim only plan for €10/month
    It says
    "* Double benefit on selected SIM only plans are available for a limited time only. Availabe to customers who sign up to the specific plan between 16/09/13 and 03/11/13. Standard pricing will apply to customers who sign up before the start date or after the end day."

Does that mean even if you sign up for it, it might still be removed as a benefit, 3,4 or a certain amount of months later?
    Or does it mean for signing up in the date range in the next sentence?

I agree this price plan is tempting, but Im already with them, so wondering is it any better given my usage.

Sound effects (Creaaaakkk)
    The door to the tesco mobile sub? forum is unlocked, it swings open,
    Sound effects (tension building music)
    the main protagonist/hero peers in
    "Hellooow? Is there anyone home?" "Paul?" "Tesco?"
    A pool of blood greets him, blood smeared on the walls, writing, almost illegible, something about the network being down?
    there are bloody handprints on the walls leading up the stairs,
    "Paul? are you ok?"
    :confused:

All joking aside, Im just realising there might be another/ongoing issue with the network again, Paul might be busy, and not as I previously thought, set upon by a mob of angry customers/hungry zombies.

Its been confirmed my texts are not being received at the destination mobile, nor am I receiving them, calls seem ok.

cerastes wrote: »
    Sound effects (Creaaaakkk)
    The door to the tesco mobile sub? forum is unlocked, it swings open,
    the main protagonist/hero peers in
    "Hellooow? Is there anyone home?" "Paul?" "Tesco?"
    A pool of blood greets him, blood smeared on the walls, writing, almost illegible, something about the network being down?
    there are bloody handprints on the walls leading up the stairs,
    "Paul? are you ok?"
    :confused:

All joking aside, Im just realising there might be another/ongoing issue with the network again, Paul might be busy, and not as I previously thought, set upon by a mob of angry customers/hungry zombies.

Its been confirmed my texts are not being received at the destination mobile, nor am I receiving them, calls seem ok.

Hi cerastes,

Yes, still alive.

Please drop a note to our Customer Care reps at the link below with your details. Are you a recent port in to Tesco Mobile as in rare occasions there are post porting routing issues which need to be followed up from our end with your original network?

Note also, we have a Talk To forum here on Boards where our Care reps monitor posts Mon to Fri. I just picked this up as i have posted here before I got a notification.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1542

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Hi Cerastes

Note no T+C's changed for existing customers who were on a different plan to the new plans launched on August 28th unless they opted in to the new plans.

The new plans offer Unlimited Voice or Text on PAYG at €15 topup and you can retain the topup. But unless you have opted in to these plans you will be on the older Double Credit plans.

regards
    Paul

Hi cerastes,

Yes, still alive.

Please drop a note to our Customer Care reps at the link below with your details. Are you a recent port in to Tesco Mobile as in rare occasions there are post porting routing issues which need to be followed up from our end with your original network?

Note also, we have a Talk To forum here on Boards where our Care reps monitor posts Mon to Fri. I just picked this up as i have posted here before I got a notification.

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Overall, I've been with tesco for years, the only break was last year, where I returned as a customer after a few weeks, so technically it may appear as Im a customer since last year,
    I understand there are network issues, hence why my texts arent being received or that I am not receiving other tesco mobile customers texts to me, but that has been an ongoing issue,
    I did notice a few months ago, where I was getting my bonus credit, that it disappeared at the end of the month, where previously I was allowed use it up.
    I'll go to the link you provided if that is where I am to get these questions answered as well as the text problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

hey everyone,

I'm looking to change network. I basically need a decent amount of minutes/texts and data. I've looked online and I like the idea of TEsco's €15 deal for unlimited calls or texts. But I don't see any mention about any data allowance... can anyone advise me about data with this option?

Also just wondering for people's general opinion on reception and coverage. The reason I ask is because my brother was on 48 about a year ago and he had absolutely awful coverage (like not even enough for a text) in our local town and this would last for about 10 miles and then he would get coverage again! But the reason I am worried about this is because 48 supposedly have the same coverage as O2 but O2 don't have this problem in my local town! Whenever we contacted 48 they insisted that they are the exact same as O2 yet it was clearly not. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with Tesco coverage on account of the fact its supposed to be the same as O2 too.

Hope that made sense !! Thanks !

augusta24 wrote: »
    hey everyone,

I'm looking to change network. I basically need a decent amount of minutes/texts and data. I've looked online and I like the idea of TEsco's €15 deal for unlimited calls or texts. But I don't see any mention about any data allowance... can anyone advise me about data with this option?

Also just wondering for people's general opinion on reception and coverage. The reason I ask is because my brother was on 48 about a year ago and he had absolutely awful coverage (like not even enough for a text) in our local town and this would last for about 10 miles and then he would get coverage again! But the reason I am worried about this is because 48 supposedly have the same coverage as O2 but O2 don't have this problem in my local town! Whenever we contacted 48 they insisted that they are the exact same as O2 yet it was clearly not. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with Tesco coverage on account of the fact its supposed to be the same as O2 too.

Hope that made sense !! Thanks !

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

I think these links get answered quicker, the latter one is the talk to forum for Tesco, Im not sure why this thread is even open?
    maybe they should post those links as a last post directing people to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, I'm in the same boat as augusta: Thinking about changing network (From Meteor) to Tesco. don't really want to talk to a Tesco rep at the moment (No offence but they'll say "Best. Network. Ever") and not really querying about anything in particular except people's general opinion of Tesco mobile. Is their coverage good? What are they like to deal with? Is their coverage reliable? etc. Non-specific things like that.

Their plans seem good but there's not much point in switching if they have coverage of half a tea-towel or if they are nowhere to be seen in the event of a problem (Although, to be fair, they seem to be pretty active on their forum here)

so, basically: Are ye happy with Tesco Mobile?

Cheers folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, I'm in the same boat as augusta: Thinking about changing network (From Meteor) to Tesco. don't really want to talk to a Tesco rep at the moment (No offence but they'll say "Best. Network. Ever") and not really querying about anything in particular except people's general opinion of Tesco mobile. Is their coverage good? What are they like to deal with? Is their coverage reliable? etc. Non-specific things like that.

Their plans seem good but there's not much point in switching if they have coverage of half a tea-towel or if they are nowhere to be seen in the event of a problem (Although, to be fair, they seem to be pretty active on their forum here)

Cheers folks

Tescomobile are a mvno on the O2 network. So coverage should be at the upper end of the scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Yeah. Well, was, but I switched to Three a week ago because they have an uncapped data plan, which Tesco don't have. However, in my experience coverage on Tesco was generally very good, and the cheaper call rates meant I was only spending a tenner on credit less than once a month.
    If they brought in an unlimited 3G/4G offering I'd probably switch back.

Hi,

If you're on PAYG and don't opt for a data bundle, do you get charged at €0.02 per Mb, and is the usage calculated monthly/weekly/daily before being knocked off your credit?

Im On the e15 Talk deal. Do i have to text off every time before i top up or is just the once enough

lynp27 wrote: »
    Im On the e15 Talk deal. Do i have to text off every time before i top up or is just the once enough

Just the first time, you are on the plan after that so just topup to trigger the free calls.

regards
    Paul

Hi,

If you're on PAYG and don't opt for a data bundle, do you get charged at €0.02 per Mb, and is the usage calculated monthly/weekly/daily before being knocked off your credit?

It is 2c per MB or part thereof per session. So it can vary, for a large download it will be in 32MB chunks and for smaller sessions it will be less than this. You can see many small charges as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey guys,
    If I go for the €15 talk deal and register my Clubcard do I then get an extra €5 to spend? I was advised this is the case but then I can't seem to get it confirmed by you guys via customer service? If it's not valid now was it at any time in the past?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    If I go for the €15 talk deal and register my Clubcard do I then get an extra €5 to spend? I was advised this is the case but then I can't seem to get it confirmed by you guys via customer service? If it's not valid now was it at any time in the past?

Cheers,
    M

Hi madmoe

How it works is that like this

1. You join the plan with your clubcard by texting JOIN TALK 6300000000000 to 1744 if your clubcard were that number
    2. You topup by 15eur to get unlimited calls to any network for 30 days

If you don't have a clubcard you do JOIN TALK to 1744

You will then only get unlimited calls when you topup by 20eur

If you add a clubcard at a later stage by texting CLUBCARD 630000000000000 to 1744 if your card were that number you will then switch to the 15eur plan so that your next topup of 15eur will trigger the unlimited calls

Regards
    Paul

Hi madmoe

How it works is that like this

1. You join the plan with your clubcard by texting JOIN TALK 6300000000000 to 1744 if your clubcard were that number
    2. You topup by 15eur to get unlimited calls to any network for 30 days

If you don't have a clubcard you do JOIN TALK to 1744

You will then only get unlimited calls when you topup by 20eur

If you add a clubcard at a later stage by texting CLUBCARD 630000000000000 to 1744 if your card were that number you will then switch to the 15eur plan so that your next topup of 15eur will trigger the unlimited calls

Regards
    Paul

Hello Paul and thanks for getting back. I got it all sorted and am now on Tesco Mobile and very very happy with the service so far ;-) If I want to port my Vodafone number across in the next week or so who do I contact, you or Vodafone? Also, as I have my login now setup for your site and app with an 089 number what will happen when I port and then start to use my 087 number? Will I still be able to login to the Tesco Mobile website and the Android app??

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Hello Paul and thanks for getting back. I got it all sorted and am now on Tesco Mobile and very very happy with the service so far ;-) If I want to port my Vodafone number across in the next week or so who do I contact, you or Vodafone? Also, as I have my login now setup for your site and app with an 089 number what will happen when I port and then start to use my 087 number? Will I still be able to login to the Tesco Mobile website and the Android app??

Thanks,
    M

Hi Moe

Good to hear you are happy with the service so far.

You can move your own number from within my.tescomobile.ie or the app. No need to contact Vodafone. Just answer the quesitons and select your start time for the port and it will all be automatic.

Once the port is complete (you can track the status from within my.tescomobile.ie) you will be logged out and you can log back in under your 087 number and the same password.

Note we have a dedicated Talk To forum here on Boards.ie which is manned by our customer care team from 9 to 5 Monday to Friday if you have any quesitons Tesco Mobile Talk To Forum

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Hi Moe

Good to hear you are happy with the service so far.

You can move your own number from within my.tescomobile.ie or the app. No need to contact Vodafone. Just answer the quesitons and select your start time for the port and it will all be automatic.

Once the port is complete (you can track the status from within my.tescomobile.ie) you will be logged out and you can log back in under your 087 number and the same password.

Note we have a dedicated Talk To forum here on Boards.ie which is manned by our customer care team from 9 to 5 Monday to Friday if you have any quesitons Tesco Mobile Talk To Forum

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Great Paul and thanks!

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 aswadref

Hey Paul,
    I am planning to go to spain end of the month was wondering what the roaming charges are going to be like.
    i am on one of your new sim only plans 10euro month,be really thankfull if you can help.

Regards,
    Arun

aswadref wrote: »
    Hey Paul,
    I am planning to go to spain end of the month was wondering what the roaming charges are going to be like.
    i am on one of your new sim only plans 10euro month,be really thankfull if you can help.

Regards,
    Arun

Hi Arun

You will find details on our roaming rates here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/roamingrates.aspx

and more roaming information here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/using-data-abroad.aspx

Note we have a Talk To forum here on Boards.ie where you will get in touch with our care representatives directly.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aswadref

that was quick paul thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Galego

My internet is not working. Is the server down?

Galego wrote: »
    My internet is not working. Is the server down?

Hi there

No internet should be fine. Can you please check your data settings? If you have a proxy value set then please remove it - this could be the source of the issue.

If you are not sure how to do this then please just reapply your settings following the instructions here.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx

After completion restart your phone.

Please note our location on boards for customer queries is our Talk to forum below

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kyle245

Hi just wondering is it possible to keep my existing number from one sim to m new one. Using the online keep my number, I get an error

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dreadfist

Hi, reading this thread I noticed some older messages stating that to have a data bundle add-on on a Capped Monthly plan one must top up additionally.
    I've just had a chat with a tescomobile representative who stated the contrary. Does anybody have some up to date info on this?

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    nfo: All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    info: All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
    info: You are now chatting with Pat.
    Pat: Hi. How can I help you today?
    You: hi
    You: could you tell me what is "flexcredit"?
    Pat: See here for more information on this type of plan.
    You: I looked there
    You: It only says you get x amount of flexcredit
    Pat: It is a bill pay plan that also allows you to top up yourself.
    You: but it doesn't say what flexcredit is
    You: ok, so I get billed €10 and I get €30 flexcredit
    Pat: If you were on the 30e flex credit plan you would pay 10 e by direct debit every moth and receive 30e credit.
    You: can I buy a data addon with this credit or call EU numbers?
    Pat: You can then use this credit in whatever way you wish - calls/texts/data.
    Pat: You also have the option to top up if you use up this credit.
    Pat: Yes you can.
    You: there is a small print which I just saw now at the bottom of that page:
    You: Please note: flexible credit cannot be used for roaming, international calls, premium rate numbers and purchasing any add on bundles. You must top up to access these services.
    Pat: This is the 20 euro bonus of your 30e credit.
    You: so can I buy a data addon with that credit or I must top up by €5 additionally?
    You: oh, so I can use €10 to buy the addon or call abroad and the €20 up to the total of €30 can only be used for domestic calls/texts?
    Pat: The 10e you pay goes into your main balance. This can be used to purchase add on's or to make international calls/texts.
    Pat: The 20e "bonus" can only be used for local calls/texts.
    Pat: That is correct.
    You: I am sorry for being paranoid, but I must be very sure. The note at the bottom clearly says "Subscription amount cannot be used as credit."
    You: My understanding is that "subscription amount" is the €10 which I pay monthly and which I CANNOT use as credit.
    Pat: This refers to the 20e "bonus" credit you receive. It cannot be used as main credit.
    You: And for that €10 subscription I get €30 flexcredit which cannot be used to buy addons (ie a data addon).
    Pat: No.
    You: ok, I will save this chat for future reference in case thing won't go as you say when I will move my number to this plan :)
    You: one more question:
    You: how do I move from pay as you go to this capped monthly?
    You: the website only allows me to ask for a new number.
    Pat: You need to apply for this plan by filling out the application form here. When you receive your new sim we can then move your existing number over.
    You: even if I am already a tescomobile customer?
    Pat: Yes. The capped plan is a bill pay plan and you will have to fill out the application form and be approved for this plan.
    You: OK, I understand.
    You: Thank you.
    You: Is there a minimum contract?
    Pat: You can exit this plan at anytime you wish.
    You: Great. Thanks for your help. Have a good day!
    Pat: We would then switch you back to pay as you go at your next billing cycle date.
    You: OK
    Pat: Thanks for chatting with me today. Please click here to answer a few questions about your experience with us today. Have a good day!

Hi all,
    I've just moved to France and I would still like to keep my Irish number active in case I need to receive SMS messages etc. What is the minimum I have to top up in terms of time to keep it active? I topped up last on the 16th of August.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Flinchwhip

If I cancelled my account with 3 and it ended today and my Tesco bill pay phone has not arrived yet will I still be able to port my old number even if I can't receive calls or texts on the old number?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No, you need to be able to receive a confirmation text / call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement