Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Proofing

Options
  • 25-11-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Thinking of getting my S/A re proofed and steel shot proofed, has any one any opinions/observations, am I mad to be considering this?
    It's an old s/a and I do not want to have to change should a lead shot ban be landed on us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You are mad, why woud you re-proof if its not a legal necessity?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As was said its kinda odd that you would consider doing something that is not a legal obligment nor a necessity as of yet. If they introduce a lead shot ban be it over waterways, etc or in total then i might consider it, but for now i wouldn't worry about it.

Also if you did want to the only place "close" is the UK so it means shipping your gun off to a proof house, have them shoot it with a higher charge, and there is also the waiting time. You could have it back within a few weeks or a couple of months.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

i wouldn't worry too much about a semi , you can buy new barrels for nearly all of them , it would probably be simpler and cheaper to surce a new barrel that was designed and proofed for steel shot in the 1st place

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Thanks lads.
    Points taken, I'm mad in the head !!!
    I'll sit tight.

Advertisement