Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flanagans - Item under warranty

Options
  • 25-11-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My mum recently bought furniture from Flanagans in Buncrana. Last week she noticed a manufacturing fault with the product and contacted Flanagans. They said to take a photo of the fault and forward it to them, who would in turn forward it to the manufacturer, either via post or email.

I sent a photo last Friday evening via email and then afterwards hear they have closed. We have tried contacting them all week but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone could advise how to get in contact with someone from them? It is obviously sad the place is closed but we want to get this issue sorted.

The onus is on the manufacturer and not Flanagans to fix / replace the furniture as far as I am aware so it wont be of any cost to them but we want to contact them to see what the story is. I assume because a business closes warranties must still be fulfilled?

Any advice / help on this would be great.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Send in a letter, the liquidator will have to deal with it now, its always a mess when things like this happens, things like deposits and vouchers etc cause a lot of hassle!

Liquidators usually deal with the people who shout the loudest and make sure you have proof of purchase!

Unfortunatly it will be out of the flanagan families hands now and they would more than likely have dealt with the issue without hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

do you have any liquidator info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone have any idea who the liquidator is? Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,124 ✭✭✭✭muffler

henke wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea who the liquidator is? Would be greatly appreciated.
    Google is your friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

muffler wrote: »

Meeting details: Jacksons Hotel, Ballybofey, Co Donegal on 2nd December 2011 at 9:30am
    Registered address: Looking Glas Brae, Ballymacarry, Buncrana, Co Donegal
    Last accounts filed: 31/12/2009
    CRO number: 63662

Doesn't name the liquidator from what I can see?

• Advertisement

Cheers.

Would I be right in saying Kavanagh Fennell are who to contact here? I'm sorry I dont know much on the topic of liquidation :(.

henke wrote: »
    Cheers.

Would I be right in saying Kavanagh Fennell are who to contact here? I'm sorry I dont know much on the topic of liquidation :(.
    I wouldnt know myself but the guys in the business forum will most likely point you in the right direction if you wanted to open a thread there.

Alternatively I could move this thread over to that forum if you wish.

I wouldnt know myself but the guys in the business forum will most likely point you in the right direction if you wanted to open a thread there.

Alternatively I could move this thread over to that forum if you wish.

Would probably make sense to move it. Cheers for your help.

Moved from Donegal forum

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭cosanostra

A creditors meeting was held in Ballybofey and Flanagans were found to have debts of €8.4 million :eek: the liquidator appointed was David Carson of Deloitte http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_IE/ie/about/f191f86b282fb110VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm but i'd imagine if you sent correspondence to Flanagans then it would be dealt with by the liquidator that way

• Advertisement

cosanostra wrote: »
    A creditors meeting was held in Ballybofey and Flanagans were found to have debts of €8.4 million :eek: the liquidator appointed was David Carson of Deloitte http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_IE/ie/about/f191f86b282fb110VgnVCM100000ba42f00aRCRD.htm but i'd imagine if you sent correspondence to Flanagans then it would be dealt with by the liquidator that way

Cheers, thank you for your help.

Advertisement