Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing locks in Finglas

Options
  • 25-11-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I know someone who just moved into an apartment in Finglas (he's a Finglas head, so he likes the area), and they need the locks changed, as they notice small things going missing, front door being unlocked after one person has locked it, and recently stuff going missing in their room between the time they go to bed, and when they wake up :eek:

So, any locksmiths here? They need the front door lock changed ASAP as they don't feel safe in the apartment. Also, how much would it cost?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Chganging locks is simple. Take out the existing lock, which will only be secured by screws, buy one the exactly same size and insert the new lock in place of the old. Locks vary in price depending on specification. Some can be as little as €10 others €70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is it a rented property? If so I think you have to let the landlord know you are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

January wrote: »
    Is it a rented property? If so I think you have to let the landlord know you are doing it.
    Aye, told him that. The landlord was asked to change the locks (last week), but seems to be dragging his heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

THis is why I always change the locks between tennants. Check the front garden to see that there isn't an old spare floating around too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement