Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agent

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caroline456

I've been looking for a house to rent a while now and have just same experience about the letting agents as most of you.

The Hutchinsons have always been nice to me, Joannie is a bit snotty and rude from time to time, but overall, they do what they say and they look after their tenants well. I've never had any problem to get the deposit back, she's very nice to me now again and if she had a house I liked, I wouldn't have a problem to rent with her again.

The book a room - the lady on the phone wasn't very nice, but the owner (Regina) was very nice and she would do anything to get us renting through them. She gave me her mobile and said to me she's available 24/7 so I can give her a call any time. She also agreed to negotiate the rental price on any house. The only think that I didn't like was that the house I originally wanted to see was officially "already gone", even though it's still sitting on their website and I think it's still available but only to the chosen ones. I think they choose which houses they want to show you according to their personal opinion of you.I'm not sure if I want to rent through them after reading all complaints, even if she was sooooo keen to sign a contract with us...

I didn't like the Waterford Lettings - all nice to your face but a lot of lies. However, I appreciate that she came back to me with regards to the house even on a Sunday, also the appointments with her were no problem.

I would never ever ring the Remax. Stuart was so arrogant on the phone; didn't ring back even though he promised to call back. Their receptionist absolutely rude and arrogant, asking stupid questions.

I was complaining about Barry Murphy but I must take my words back. After experiencing other agents's manners, I must say, that I would go renting with him any time no problem. Enthusiastic, spot on, and he did come back to me eventually.

I've also liked the girls from One Stop Properties.

When it comes to Leslie Warren, he is one of the guys who doesn't care to take their houses off the daft even if it's been rented for many months. But he is very quick to offer you other rubbish house instead. I'm a bit dissapointed with him, because I konw him personally and I wouldn't expect him to rely on such a bad tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭caroline456

Having complaining about the letting agents, I must say that some of the landlords are actually arrogant and rude themselves. Also I don't understand how the tenants could be happy having the 10 years old rubbish Beko appliances in the house. The landlords don't seem to aknowledge that nowadays you need to update your house, otherwise you're loosing a lot more money when you leave it unrented for couple of months!!! I don't know how they expect you to pay 750 for their house if they don't bother painting it or putting the lampshades on the lamps. Or the bathroom and the carpets mankey dirty. Or the old furniture that someone else had thrown away.

So landlors - please, do yourself a favour and have a look at your house: would you want to live in it? Because if not, then why do you expect someone else could?

Advertisement