Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Setup a Modem in Bridge Mode

Options
  • 25-11-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi folks...

I have

1) a Softcom DC227 Modem (Manual here as reference)

2) a Linksys E3000 router

I want to setup the Modem in bridge mode, but unfortunately I have absolutly no clue how to do this. Can anyone advise...?

Cheers,
    Hodge.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You need to set the encapsulation on the modem to 1483 Bridged mode. And then you'll need to set the authentication (PPPoE password I presume) on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hodge

Thanks Spear...

Turns out all I had to do was Enable 'DMZ' to rout traffic from the Public IP to the IP if my router... hey presto, job done!

Cheers again though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's not the same thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Spear wrote: »
    That's not the same thing though.

So correct...
    Make sure that your Linksys router now has the firewall enabled and all access WAN-to-LAN rules are being configured at the Linksys router level...

Regards

Advertisement