Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Health" and Fitness

Options
  • 25-11-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭

As this is a feedback forum I figure this is the best place to get this off my chest.

The "Health and Fitness" forum started as a Fitness forum.
    Then the nutrition was moved in and it became the "Health and Fitness" forum.

Now the only real change was the Nutrition and Diet forum became a sub forum.

Whilst good diet and exercise can have a positive benefit on ones health, they do not cover issues of health.

The result seems to me to be a big increase in threads started looking for medical advice or advice on the Irish medical/healthcare system.
    And this I reckon is down to the word "health" in the title.

There are, to the best of my knowledge, no regular posters with any authority, interest or experience to help with enquiries on Health or Healthcare as a general concept.

Just a load of folks who exercise and watch their diet. (I'm not knocking that)

I would suggest that the "Health" bit be dropped in favour of something more appropriate.
    I hope that's in some way useful.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

d'Oracle wrote: »
    The result seems to me to be a big increase in threads started looking for medical advice or advice on the Irish medical/healthcare system.
    And this I reckon is down to the word "health" in the title.

Big increase? Nah. The odd couple here and there but it's not loads. You (pl.) just notice it more because they're so different to what we normally get. That's just my anecdotal memory referencing though, if there are actually loads of threads then fair enough. I don't particularly like those threads either but where's a better place for them?

And if you want a different word than 'Health' what do you suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

So is it a general health forum or a fitness and nutrition forum ?

If "Health" refers only to fitness than its a bit confusing but if all manner of health questions or topics are welcome then I think "health" is fine.

If they need to be separated then you could always move the fitness aspect to a sub forum (for detailed discussion of exercise and workouts) and entertain the more general questions in the main forum.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you feel the need to change it Healthy Living and Fitness is a bit cumbersome but more descriptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

A few alliterative options:
    Aerobics & Aeros
    Appetites & Armwrestles
    Diets & Dumbells

A few rhyming ones:
    Weights & Plates
    Cardiovascular, Go Easy On The Pasta
    Snacking at Brunch to Packing The Punch

Ok none of those were serious, just trying to give a smile :) But why not go for Occam's Razor and simply call it Fitness & Nutrition? If there's other questions being asked, merge them into a misc sticky or something, and it should stop medical advice coming in.

Advertisement