Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Options
  • 25-11-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here played this yet? From what I've heard it's meant to be brill. With this, Skyrim, Two Worlds 2 and the forthcoming Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning I'll have no life for the next year:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Ah excellent, would prefer a game for a console though, but looks fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Linguo wrote: »
    Ah excellent, would prefer a game for a console though, hasn't been one in way too long!

It's out on both Xbox 360 and PS3:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

It's out on both Xbox 360 and PS3:)

Ah excuse me then, excellent:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You can play the first 30 mins for free on Onlive.co.uk to see, Think the first 15 mins are intros though, i started it but had to rush off before i got anwhere. But looks good if you are into that LOTR stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

played 10 mins then uninstalled.
    I hated the gameplay(could get used to it), but there's better games out there to play.
    Graphics were alright, and I didn't give it more than 10 minutes, so there's not much else I can say, other than that game is definitely not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

is anyone playing this on STEAM already? i just need to know if it has been released in the Republic of Ireland on Steam, or is anyone has been playing already.

Mine is still on PRELOAD status as of nov26.

Uk and Northern Ireland has been playing it since yesterday the 25th.

lotrg.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I heard it was rubbish ,pity looks quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Quite possibly the most unfortunate title for a videogame to have...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No it's not, especially when there's 'Black Hole Assault' on the Mega CD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

10 minutes is hardly enough time to even be able give any sort of review on it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Gandalph wrote: »
    10 minutes is hardly enough time to even be able give any sort of review on it
    And ironically enough, almost all the reviews say that it's a bit sh*t to start off, but really picks up once you start levelling.

The thing is, with so many other great games out at the moment, I don't know if I want to invest in a game that isn't instantly enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

For the love of god OP don't get two worlds two !! The game was a grind to get through , the only plus to it was the variety in armour and weapons , bit like morrowind in that , the rest of the game however was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

For the love of god OP don't get two worlds two !! The game was a grind to get through , the only plus to it was the variety in armour and weapons , bit like morrowind in that , the rest of the game however was awful

I did already!! I find it good though, it's not perfect but it's a huge improvement over the awful Two Worlds 1. There is a trader in the game whoI'd like to kill though cos he constantly spout annoying lines such as "Potions and Spices at the same low prices". GAAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

it's ok - played the first few chapters with a friend on co-op - finishing one of the LotRs games on coop has sorta become a tradition at Christmas. The bosses are tricky! seriously tricky. while it's not bad, you really don't feel like you're playing a LotRs game... more like a sooped-up version of Golden Axe. Nothing too remarkable about it but it's nice to see a well developed co-op option. It looks nice and some parts very impressive.

Guess it pales into insignificance in comparison to Skyrim if you were thinking about playing it solo though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've only played the first two chapters, and I'm finding it a bit dull. Put it on the backburner for a while until I've gotten bored of TOR or Saints Row.

Advertisement