Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going on your own to your graduation?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

What if you have no one to take to your graduation with you? or no one you want to take? I don't have any real friends or much family that I want to bring with me. Does it make a difference any way??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

I have not graduated from college (yet!) but have had graduated from VTOS and and an other course. I think its great if you can bring someone just for your own support and of course great feeling for someone to see you up there. It isn't essential though depends on you. To answer your question simply no you don't have to have someone and it isn't essential. Really hope you do get someone though as you obviously have something to be really proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

I have not graduated from college (yet!) but have had graduated from VTOS and and an other course. I think its great if you can bring someone just for your own support and of course great feeling for someone to see you up there. It isn't essential though depends on you. To answer your question simply no you don't have to have someone and it isn't essential. Really hope you do get someone though as you obviously have something to be really proud of.

Thank you for replying. Well I know you don't have to bring anyone if you don't want to. I know what you mean about having someone with me as moral support but the thing is with me, I have no one I would want to ask to go with me they wouldn't be of much support or wouldn't even know where im at.
    I realise now I have no choice but to go on my own. I don't really need others anyways. I don't others to help me to proud of myself I am proud already to get this far and will go much futher. I am sure I won't be the first going on my own and won't be the last either.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yerraya

A friend of mine went on their own recently as they were only able to take one person and they were having hassle off friends and family as to who was going. In the end she decided it wasnt worth the hassle so she went solo. She said it didnt make a slight bit of a difference as she wouldnt even have been sitting with them and also she said that she found it easier to catch up with people from her course without the hassle of introducing someone and making sure they didnt feel left out. So you will be just fine on your own.....and Congrats by the way for such a great achievement :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

went to mine on my own last week, family arent big fans of what i studied so didnt even tell them about it, was grand, only a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

When I graduated over half of my class came on their own. It isn't a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Some of my class for my first degree didn't even turn up for graduation as they were working abroad at the time. All you get out of it is a photo taken on the day and additional expenses such as for the ceremonial gown. Apart from that you don't get anything you don't get otherwise as you're graduating anyway whether you turn up or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It makes absolutely no difference.

Congrats by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Did'nt want to attend my Diploma Computer Applications way back in October 2000. Too bad, I was commanded to.

Advertisement