Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this cheating?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

Ok occasially I'll go on holidays and let my assistant take control of the match -

I was just wondering do you consider that cheating?

As a football manager I may need to take a little break for whatever reasons - Perhaps personal or family problems.

Also my assistant is well paid and his contract says that he must take charge of matches when I'm on holidays.

Any opinions on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It isn't cheating, can't see how anyone would see it that way.

I am confused about one bit, though: why do you go on holidays?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

It isn't cheating, can't see how anyone would see it that way.

I am confused about one bit, though: why do you go on holidays?!

Often wondered if you let your assistant do the whole season, will the board sack you and promote him!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Be very careful about going on holidays, I did it for the winter break in an older version and a couple of my top players got sold :mad:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Be very careful about going on holidays, I did it for the winter break in an older version and a couple of my top players got sold :mad:
    You can set the options before you, Reject all offers, Reject all offers below asking price etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,245 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can someone explain to me why someone would want to do this though? It is alot similar to turning on Mario and putting it on autopilot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Ok occasially I'll go on holidays and let my assistant take control of the match -

I was just wondering do you consider that cheating?

As a football manager I may need to take a little break for whatever reasons - Perhaps personal or family problems.

Also my assistant is well paid and his contract says that he must take charge of matches when I'm on holidays.

Any opinions on this?

If you are doing it to get better results, then I'd say it kinda is cheating in a way. I can't see why else anyone would go on holidays in the game.

Anyway, if it is cheating, you're only really cheating yourself (assuming it is a single player season you're in).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why someone would want to do this though? It is alot similar to turning on Mario and putting it on autopilot.
    I used to do it when the league was wrapped up and I wasnt unbeaten just to get it over a little quicker. Nothing is changing, I'm cant finish any higher or lower so what does it matter if I skip the last few games?

If my position isnt definite, I'd keep playing. Nowadays I keep playing anyway and use the games to get the youngers players some game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I do it in between matches so I can browse forums etc instead of clicking the space bar constantly..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Never found the appeal of using the holiday function myself. Theirs too much to discover and tinker with to take a break. Summer period needs to longer if you ask me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Only time I've used it was to get past a certain part of the game that kept causing my FM to crash. So I'm happy it's there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I always do this for pre season games, just couldnt be arsed playing against yeovil with a youth side out. I just pick the team set the tactics and take a holiday for the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I always do this for pre season games, just couldnt be arsed playing against yeovil with a youth side out. I just pick the team set the tactics and take a holiday for the game

You can just set it that your assistant takes charge of friendly games

Advertisement