Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PW Photo Thread **DO NOT QUOTE PICS, NO CHAT, POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

will be alot less than 15 years worth when you take out everything with Krispen in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

tumblr_mmak7zxYfo1ql0k28o1_r3_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

will be alot less than 15 years worth when you take out everything with Krispen in it.

It'll still take them a hell of a long time to get through and that's without the 10 or so new hours every week (plus three more for PPV weeks). They could easily run something like 10 or 12 hours a day and never have to worry about that person who doesn't exist. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I was watching Punks Blu ray this afternoon when I noticed something written on his wrist tape that I hadn't seen/heard of before.
    This attached photo is from the Las Vegas Pipebomb promo, where punk first says "I'm a Paul Heyman Guy".

If you can't read it is says "Heyman fans"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

They were probably his cheat sheets rather than a specific meaning - speak about heyman.....then complain about the fans! Like the rock had on his wrist recently to keep him on track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

They were probably his cheat sheets rather than a specific meaning - speak about heyman.....then complain about the fans! Like the rock had on his wrist recently to keep him on track!

I was thinking that myself, but as such a hardcore Punk fan I really didn't want it to be true! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

998367_538199802892960_1833342606_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

71444_10151462551923355_2031155144_n.jpg

They should be laying out children not taking photos with them!!! :p:

BNp0RrOCUAA32CA.png

Dean's face is gas in the enlarged version: https://twitter.com/silverbackccf/status/349719768066052096/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I follow a Dean Ambrose account on FB (not real) and theres loads of pics with the shield/ambrose with kids. They seem to enjoy it. Good on them, take the night job seriously, have fun during the day job part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

BNp0BWQCAAExyhT.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Shave the mutton chops off phil will ya

The Charles Manson beard is the only time Punk's facial hair hasnt looked stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wrestling Observer
    Brian James has been put into creative because they want someone who has a pro wrestling side perspective to be in with the soap opera and TV writers, since Michael Hayes isn’t in the office regularly any longer. Hayes is on conference via phone at the major meetings, but they want a wrestling person at the meetings as well. When it comes to all the rewrites on Mondays and Tuesdays,

Funnily enough Brian just tweeted this:

BNyQ8nUCAAEb5pL.jpg
    My first decision in the writers room! #DOGGLB #OUDK

Good on him, hopefully a good call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Id actually enjoy an Outlaws/Shield feud.

Theyre too old really, both him and Gunn. Shield need young charismatic guys to wrestle and feud again. Its good to see though that former wrestlers will be helping write story lines instead of just the soap opera guys that know very little about the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

xpletiv wrote: »
    Good on him, hopefully a good call.

Would that have been the COO's call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

xpletiv wrote: »
    Theyre too old really, both him and Gunn. Shield need young charismatic guys to wrestle and feud again. Its good to see though that former wrestlers will be helping write story lines instead of just the soap opera guys that know very little about the business.

Can't see the harm in a short one month programme myself if the Outlaws put the shield over in the big pay-off match.

• Advertisement

In order for a title program to work, the Outlaws would need a few wins beforehand. WWE don't really have the tag division to be able to do that. Beating the Uso's or 3MB doesn't mean much. Just handing them a title match would make the rest of the teams look even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    In order for a title program to work, the Outlaws would need a few wins beforehand. WWE don't really have the tag division to be able to do that. Beating the Uso's or 3MB doesn't mean much. Just handing them a title match would make the rest of the teams look even worse.

Its the New Age Outlaws. 5 time champions, tag team legends. They don't need to beat anybody to be used with The Shield. Its not like Foley had to work his way up the card to face Orton.

Clemantis wrote: »
    Its the New Age Outlaws. 5 time champions, tag team legends. They don't need to beat anybody to be used with The Shield. Its not like Foley had to work his way up the card to face Orton.

Foley wasnt wrestling for a title, was he? That's the difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think one or two of their matches were for the IC title, but I'm not certain of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Angron wrote: »
    I think one or two of their matches were for the IC title, but I'm not certain of that.

The infamous Backlash bout was for the IC title. It's listed as such on Wikipedia, 411 et al, and I recall my own mindset going in was 'I can't believe Foley's going to win the IC belt; that's gonna be weird'.

Yeah the backlash match was defo for the IC title.

Looking at Wiki, Foley eliminated Orton from the Rumble, then had a tag against him at WM before getting a title match. They had a four month feud (discounting the on and off actions between the two since June the year beforehand!) before the title match. A lot different than just being handed a title match.

Foley wasnt wrestling for a title, was he? That's the difference.
    The match was indeed for the IC title (see the Backlash 2004 wiki page)

Ah ya got there before me. Anyway, you're right in that its best done with decent build up so that when The Shield beat the NAO it means something. It would be a complete waste if they're just thrown in a match together with the titles on the line. But if its done right there is no reason why it couldn't work, in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Looking at Wiki, Foley eliminated Orton from the Rumble, then had a tag against him at WM before getting a title match. They had a four month feud (discounting the on and off actions between the two since June the year beforehand!) before the title match. A lot different than just being handed a title match.

Orton also threw him down some stairs and spit in his face :P

Advertisement