Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom billing issue - any takers?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Yet another Eircom billing issue.

I recently signed up to a NGB/Talktime package for 52 euro per month. It was a reactivated line in a rented property and the salesperson agreed on no connection or setup charges (which turned out to be the case) and also a 6 month 20 euro discount, ie first 6 months were to be charged at 32 per month and the following 6 at 52 per month. For a yearly total of 504 or an average of 42 euro per month. Quel surprise the agreed discount has not been applied to the bill and been charged for line rental. The 2 month billing total will come to 104.95, including a 4 day carry over from before the broadband billing period the total is 108.29. Most of the the excess is easy enough to spot below.

I've tried, tried and tried again to get this across to Eircom reps with absolutely no luck. They tried to explain me it's charged in advance and that this will explain the discrepancy, it's as if they think I can't read. Very simply, the 2 month billing period (I'll actually have the service for less than 2 months as from their own records I've had broadband only from 18/10 and I'm being billed until 15/12) comes to 108.29. Trying to explain this is the relevant fact and that it's over by the an amount easily identifiable on the bill is pointless.

I'll give a run down of the totals on the bill (2 bills) if anyone wants to look:

Line rental 16/10-15/10 20.96
    Part period residential line charge 10/11-15/10 2.76
    Eircom talktime talker 16/11-15/12 35.38
    Next Gen Broadband Regular 16/11-15/12 24.79
    Talktime/Broadband bundle 16/11-15/12 -13.27
    Eircom Bundle Promotion Credit 16/11-15/12 -3.96
    Provide Next Gen Broadband regular completed 18/10 24.68
    Broadband promotion connection credit completed 16/11 -24.80
    Charge for next gen broadband regular 18/10-15/11 22.96

Total charge: 89.50
    Including VAT @ 21%: 108.295

The line rental and part period residential charge came in the first bill, which I paid. Everything else is in the 2nd bill. Subtracting the line rental and part period rental from the first bill gives a figure you can understand, 79.59, which is a figure the reps at least seem to understand. I should be paying less than that per month but removing line rental charge is at least a start. Trying to explain that perhaps the line rental charge shouldn't be there is pointless.

The Eircom bill is a mess, it would save the company (well it might presuming they're not overcharging people left, right and centre) an absolute fortune if they simplified the billing. The number of enquiries the billing system generates is surely an enormous one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

funkhouser wrote: »
    Yet another Eircom billing issue.

I recently signed up to a NGB/Talktime package for 52 euro per month. It was a reactivated line in a rented property and the salesperson agreed on no connection or setup charges (which turned out to be the case) and also a 6 month 20 euro discount, ie first 6 months were to be charged at 32 per month and the following 6 at 52 per month. For a yearly total of 504 or an average of 42 euro per month. Quel surprise the agreed discount has not been applied to the bill and been charged for line rental. The 2 month billing total will come to 104.95, including a 4 day carry over from before the broadband billing period the total is 108.29. Most of the the excess is easy enough to spot below.

I've tried, tried and tried again to get this across to Eircom reps with absolutely no luck. They tried to explain me it's charged in advance and that this will explain the discrepancy, it's as if they think I can't read. Very simply, the 2 month billing period (I'll actually have the service for less than 2 months as from their own records I've had broadband only from 18/10 and I'm being billed until 15/12) comes to 108.29. Trying to explain this is the relevant fact and that it's over by the an amount easily identifiable on the bill is pointless.

I'll give a run down of the totals on the bill (2 bills) if anyone wants to look:

Line rental 16/10-15/10 20.96
    Part period residential line charge 10/11-15/10 2.76
    Eircom talktime talker 16/11-15/12 35.38
    Next Gen Broadband Regular 16/11-15/12 24.79
    Talktime/Broadband bundle 16/11-15/12 -13.27
    Eircom Bundle Promotion Credit 16/11-15/12 -3.96
    Provide Next Gen Broadband regular completed 18/10 24.68
    Broadband promotion connection credit completed 16/11 -24.80
    Charge for next gen broadband regular 18/10-15/11 22.96

Total charge: 89.50
    Including VAT @ 21%: 108.295

The line rental and part period residential charge came in the first bill, which I paid. Everything else is in the 2nd bill. Subtracting the line rental and part period rental from the first bill gives a figure you can understand, 79.59, which is a figure the reps at least seem to understand. I should be paying less than that per month but removing line rental charge is at least a start. Trying to explain that perhaps the line rental charge shouldn't be there is pointless.

The Eircom bill is a mess, it would save the company (well it might presuming they're not overcharging people left, right and centre) an absolute fortune if they simplified the billing. The number of enquiries the billing system generates is surely an enormous one.

Hi funkhouser,

Thanks for your post.

Can you PM me with your eircom Account number and I will investigate your query.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement