Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making a complaint

• 25-11-2011 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

How to people feel about making a complaint when service isn't up to scratch?

There is a battleaxe of a wagon in my local post office. Completely incompetent and rude. Heard many things about her and how useless she is. She made a cock up before when my mother dealt with her and Thankfully my mum spotted it on time or she would have been down 400 euro and made a complaint and it was corrected. Heard many more stories about her the sour bitch in the post office. Now I'm just realising that I've been duped as well and I'm down a weeks wages as a result where my employer didn't receive the forms sent by fax. As a result I'm royally fcuked.

How would I go about making a complaint. Would I make the complaint in writing. Or verbally to her employer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

No way do I want to spare this bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

depends if it has ANYTHING to do with me having to eat something to do with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd have to be really, really pissed off before I'd make a complaint - and when doing so, I wouldn't behave angrily. But yeah, nothing wrong with it when you've valid grounds - just go easy on the person. Not nice to shoot the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Is this person the postmistress or an employee of the postmistress?

EDIT: And is it a sub-post office? As in, is it a local community one, or an An Post ran office like the GPO, Blanch Center, Tallaght?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I've never made a complaint, but I've seen it done for small things and it was thoroughly unimpressive. It always stinks of egoism when I see some loser asking for a manager over the slightest thing. Clearly it isn't going to achieve anything other than slow you down, which is usually their grievance to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Shoot the place up and demand your money back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ilovesleep wrote: »
    How to people feel about making a complaint when service isn't up to scratch?

There is a battleaxe of a wagon in my local post office. Completely incompetent and rude. Heard many things about her and how useless she is. She made a cock up before when my mother dealt with her and Thankfully my mum spotted it on time or she would have been down 400 euro and made a complaint and it was corrected. Heard many more stories about her the sour bitch in the post office. Now I'm just realising that I've been duped as well and I'm down a weeks wages as a result where my employer didn't receive the forms sent by fax. As a result I'm royally fcuked.

How would I go about making a complaint. Would I make the complaint in writing. Or verbally to her employer.

Keep a log of continuous cock-ups.
    If you feel you need to send a letter somewhere, send it by registered post.
    That way it has to be signed for and you have proof that you submitted a complaint (you keeping a copy for yourself)
    Sounds silly but you'd be surprised how often the excuse "I didn't get the letter (or note - or not notified)" is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Pull down your pants and formalise a complaint on the ground in front of her. Make eye contact the entire time though, so she knows what it's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Sharpen the edge of your hands (you may have to freeze them first to get them to hold an edge)
    Then karate chop her in the gee, orthogonally to the standard gee slit.

Then tell everyone that she has a phillips head gee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

harmoniums wrote: »
    Sharpen the edge of your hands (you may have to freeze them first to get them to hold an edge)

and that she's looking for a screw..... driver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm certain that RTE will call you to host their version of Jim'll Fix It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

That is both very disturbing and very hilarious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'd ring them first. And the first thing you do is ask who you are speaking to. People tend to be a lot nicer when they know you have their name and can rat them out if they are being rude.

Next tell them what your problem is and how you can go about getting it sorted. They should either be able to help you or send you in the right direction.

Just keep calm and be polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

Blast her with post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I spilt my coffee laughing at this post.....any chance we could see this in action,not the coffee spilling.

Advertisement