Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Kindle books from amazon.co.uk

Options
  • 25-11-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

If I buy a kindle when I am in the UK and set my postal address to my Aunts UK address on my amazon account, will that trick the kindle into allowing me buy books through amazon.co.uk or does my credit card address have to be a UK one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

redlead wrote: »
    If I buy a kindle when I am in the UK and set my postal address to my Aunts UK address on my amazon account, will that trick the kindle into allowing me buy books through amazon.co.uk or does my credit card address have to be a UK one?

I picked up a Kindle today and while it defaulted to using the Irish store it lets me switch to the US store and purchase content. I don't have a US credit card but did once purchase a book and have it delivered to a US address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Don't want to start another Kindle thread, so hopefully I can piggyback on this one.

Tesco in the north are selling Kindles for £85, so a bit of a saving from Tesco Ireland.

I have a Amazon account, but I'm presuming that they know it's a Irish account. What are my options regarding ebook purchases if I purchase one of these UK Kindles?

Advertisement