Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Gamer TV Show

Options
  • 25-11-2011 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Over the last few years I've become friends with some of the lads over at gmrfm.com and they've put together a TV show which will be shown on DCTV (UPC Channel 802). The show's called The Splitscreen Show and starts off with a discussion about GTA V and an interview with Irish indie developers Open Emotion Studios who're based in Limerick.

You can see the first episode for yourself here - I'm told Episode 3 will feature yours truly talking with Evan at the Bioware Offices opening, so I'm sure you'll all be glued to the sets for that one ;)

Anyway, there's no commercial arrangement here or anything like that, I just wanted to give the lads a bit of a plug and let you all know that the show exists. Enjoy.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Excellent, something to do for the next 30 minutes in work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Watched it last night very nice show i liked the game idea's pipe Open emotion have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

good stuff, nice to see a non pandering "down with the yoof" games show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that was actually good
    the limerick lads funny stuff was actually funny, which is pretty rare for this kind of tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Loved that gaming program that was on Bravo a few years back and then the idiots changed it and made a balls of it :(

Cant remember the name of the show..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭feckhead

Thanks for putting this up Dav. Appreciate the support.

Glad you guys liked it.

Lee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

That was 48 shades of awful.

That was 48 shades of awful.

I'm alright with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

That was pretty good. Looking forward to watching more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Starting off with lads just having a conversation full of speculation on GTA 5 is verrrrrrrrrrrrry lazy. It's my biggest annoyance with advertising nowadays. The over-heard conversation. You know the one "Oh! You should go to <insert store here> that's where I got a load of deals and blah blah blah".

Personally the GTA series is over-rated. (Opens can of worms).

You could have cut the first five minutes out entirely. Was a meandering mess.

Tim Mansell skit? Didn't really do anything for me.

The interview is nicely done. Very informative and the relaxed atmosphere ads to the flow.

The Avatar bit is way too long and cringe-ey. "Just mashing b................just mashing b". Oh wait this is a rehash of the format you used for the introducing five minutes. Please have videos of gameplay with a voiceover instead of looking at a conversation. It alienates the viewer. (Sorry, don't want to seem overly harsh).

Ok, gotta admit I lost my mind (in a good way) when yer man flipped up his shades only to reveal shades underneath. F*ckin' brilliant.

The titles are excellent. But yeah kudos for doing something like this and bringing light to Irish gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Headshot wrote: »
    Loved that gaming program that was on Bravo a few years back and then the idiots changed it and made a balls of it :(

Cant remember the name of the show..

Gameface?

man the only thing good about that show was the hawt blonde :D

chin_grin wrote: »
    Starting off with lads just having a conversation full of speculation on GTA 5 is verrrrrrrrrrrrry lazy. It's my biggest annoyance with advertising nowadays. The over-heard conversation. You know the one "Oh! You should go to <insert store here> that's where I got a load of deals and blah blah blah".

The interview is nicely done. Very informative and the relaxed atmosphere ads to the flow.

The Avatar bit is way too long and cringe-ey. "Just mashing b................just mashing b". Oh wait this is a rehash of the format you used for the introducing five minutes. Please have videos of gameplay with a voiceover instead of looking at a conversation. It alienates the viewer. (Sorry, don't want to seem overly harsh).

Ok, gotta admit I lost my mind (in a good way) when yer man flipped up his shades only to reveal shades underneath. F*ckin' brilliant.

The titles are excellent. But yeah kudos for doing something like this and bringing light to Irish gaming.

Thanks, appreciate the constructive criticism.

Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gameface?

Nope goes back further than that

I remember now it was Gamer TV and they had the briilliant voice over / host Sam Delaney

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Headshot wrote: »
    Nope goes back further than that

I remember now it was Gamer TV and they had the briilliant voice over / host Sam Delaney

Ah yeah i remember that. Every week at 5.30. Good times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Awesome, just sitting down to watch this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Gameface?

julia hardy! Say her at gamefest, she's even hotter irl :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

chin_grin wrote: »

Is it just me or is the sound a little muffled? That or the people involved need to learn to enunciate, and to stop talking over each other, the entire opening segment descended into a cacophony almost constantly.

Also, I found the 'interview' to be the worst part, the sound was off, moreso than the opening bit about GTA. And worse it's a long and boring piece of fluff, a brief overview of history of a small start-up just isn't that interesting.

I understand that Ireland doesn't give a lot of scope for interesting people to talk to with regards to the games industry, but I think a better questions could have been asked maybe more on how they've managed to not collapse or how they find dealing with publishers or why they think the game industry is so poorly developed in comparison to the UK as opposed to a long recounting of how they've remade madblockers 48 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

let us know when the next episode is on tv and i'll give it a watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

feckhead wrote: »
    Thanks, appreciate the constructive criticism.

Lee

See, I didn't want to do the typical Irish thing and belittle or begrudge someone for doing something new and what they like.

It's just that being a fly-on-the-wall during the "review" segments isn't really an inclusive method of reaching the audience. It's clunky and you can tell very amateur. The lads might get in to it as the series progresses, but if it continues this format it may lose me altogether.

Also I didn't really learn anything new in the span of 30 minutes other than what game to get a 100% achievement points in the first five minutes (not really enthralling news). And a little about an Irish game company where the interview took up most of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evanbrau

Second episode of the show is now up. It airs on DCTV on Thursdays at 9.30 That's UPC 802 but the show is put up on gmrfm an hour later for those of you not up on that.

I should also probably say that I'm Evan from the show and site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Haven't watched the TV show yet. Thought the GMRFM audio podcast was okay, but badly lacked succinctness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i cant seem to access gmrfm.com or the links...also, is the podcast now finished with? I thought it wasn't too bad if overly long and a bit dittering (like nearly every video game podcast in existence tbh), I'd download the podcast again if there was a new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I preferred the animations, much funnier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

open emotion have some great stuff on the psn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This is a great little show, I hope you keep posting them here because I dont have a TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

*bump*

The lads have sent me a reminder to tell me that I'm gonna be on the show tonight from when we were visiting the Bioware offices in Galway and we were talking about Star Wars: The Old Republic. I just hope I don't sound like too much of a numpty :p

Dublin City TV on UPC Channel 802 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

will it be posted on the site like previous ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Great show there tonight lads, probably the best so far.
    Really informative interview about Forza
    Dav your beard is missing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement