Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBFM - Lunchtime News - Quoting from The Irish Times

Options
  • 25-11-2011 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

1pm - time for da spuds - get into the car. Turn on the GBFM news and its all "according to the Irish Times this and according to the Irish Times that"

Like what does yer wan up in sandy Road do? - Read the Irish Times out on air. If you don't believe me, catch their lunchtime news sometime...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

They seem to pick up most of their news from the papers I have noticed the same thing lots of times, seems they scan through the papers and pick their news stories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

in fairness, the way things are financially for regional stations I wouldn't be surprised if instead of invest in a dedicated research/journo and have to pay their wages they made a decission to just use national media outlets as their sources.

Can't say I'd blame them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Seaneh wrote: »
    in fairness, the way things are financially for regional stations I wouldn't be surprised if instead of invest in a dedicated research/journo and have to pay their wages they made a decission to just use national media outlets as their sources.

Galway Bay FM is highly profitable. Ironically it's subsidising its parent company, The Connacht Tribune. A few of its papers are apparently losing money hand over fist.

Advertisement