Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I saw Al Murray last night. See the photo!

• 25-11-2011 5:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Last night me and my mate went to see comedian Al Murray, the Pub Landlord, at the Albert Halls in Bolton town centre.

I've seen his shows many times on TV and on DVD but last night I went to see him in person.

And he was absolutely hilarious. The whole audience was in tears of laughter.

At the end of the show Al Murray asked the guy controlling the lights to put the lights back on so that he could take a photo of the audience from the stage and then put it on his facebook page for us to see.

On the photo you can see, at the very back of the audience (top centre in the photo) the man who controls the lighting. He is standing up. Just in front of him (slightly below and to the right of him in the photo) you can see a guy in a light blue short-sleeved shirt. And that's me! Immediately to my left (to the right as you look at it) is my mate that I was with.

312959_10150578446054896_17006989895_11980014_1686195657_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

This is slightly unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I don't give a f*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This is slightly unusual.

Just slightly???

Shouldn't this be in KYN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wow you're................not famous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Who's Al Murray?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

He's awful, i was at the bus stop outside easons yesterday and saw 3 dublin players and the sam maguire going into a police van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Thank you for brining this to the worlds attention. We will act accordingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Al Murray is funny?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

He looked strange in 3D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I hope everyone in the audience doesn't start a thread about seeing Al Murray.

I do think he is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Not a lot happens in Bolton, does it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Well done on being an insignificant and unidentifiable smudge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

At the start he was taking the piss out of loutish English folk and then slowly he lost the satirical edge and became that which he did parody.

You've mixed up facebook and boards havent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Batsy wrote: »
    Last night me and my mate went to see comedian Al Murray, the Pub Landlord, at the Albert Halls in Bolton town centre.

I've seen his shows many times on TV and on DVD but last night I went to see him in person.

At the end of the show Al Murray asked the guy controlling the lights to put the lights back on so that he could take a photo of the audience from the stage and then put it on his facebook page for us to see.

On the photo you can see, at the very back of the audience (top centre in the photo) the man who controls the lighting. He is standing up. Just in front of him (slightly below and to the right of him in the photo) you can see a guy in a light blue short-sleeved shirt. And that's me! Immediately to my left (to the right as you look at it) is my mate that I was with.

312959_10150578446054896_17006989895_11980014_1686195657_n.jpg

You do know the racist bigot Pub Landlord is just a character, right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

pics or GTFO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

dazftw wrote: »
    Who's Al Murray?

Alastair James Hay "Al" Murray (born 10 May 1968), is a British comedian best known for his stand-up persona, The Pub Landlord, a stereotypical xenophobic public house licensee. In 2003, he was listed in The Observer as one of the 50 funniest acts in British comedy. In 2007 he was voted the 16th greatest stand-up comic on Channel 4's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups and again in the updated 2010 list as the 25th greatest stand-up comic.

al-murray-243x332.jpg

Murray was born in Stewkley, Buckinghamshire, the son of Lieutenant Colonel Ingram Bernard Hay Murray and Juliet Anne Thackeray Ritchie, through whom he is a great-great-great-grandson of English novelist William Makepeace Thackeray.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Murray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

This has the makings of the best thread ever. No, seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I've an idea lets start a thread every time we go to a gig/comedy show/movie :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Alastair James Hay "Al" Murray (born 10 May 1968), is a British comedian best known for his stand-up persona, The Pub Landlord, a stereotypical xenophobic public house licensee. In 2003, he was listed in The Observer as one of the 50 funniest acts in British comedy. In 2007 he was voted the 16th greatest stand-up comic on Channel 4's 100 Greatest Stand-Ups and again in the updated 2010 list as the 25th greatest stand-up comic.

al-murray-243x332.jpg

Murray was born in Stewkley, Buckinghamshire, the son of Lieutenant Colonel Ingram Bernard Hay Murray and Juliet Anne Thackeray Ritchie, through whom he is a great-great-great-grandson of English novelist William Makepeace Thackeray.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Murray

Hello Al... sh1te thread btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Congratulations on appearing in a photograph OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

LOL Random thread! LOL

Jesus christ! what a hiddeous monster!!!!!

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Not a lot happens in Bolton, does it!?

There is some good nightclubs - and if your really bored, you can ride the small stone elephants near the townhall! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I saw Tin Tin last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The OP must have had something to hide by not sitting on the front row to have Al Murray take the piss out of him.

I wonder what he's hiding?:confused:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

oh thats you beside the guy in the luminous yellow jacket is it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Now if it was Bill Murray, that would be something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Fairplay Op.

Although if Al Murray was on boards and saw this thread he would say your very confused :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Is life THIS dull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

Eh.... this is what RTE call a slow day in the newsroom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

wow, that is so exciting!!!!!!

Have you been stopped for many autographs yet?????

blaze1 wrote: »
    Fairplay Op.

Although if Al Murray was on boards and saw this thread he would say your very confused :D

...also "Batsy, that's a good British name."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

ejmaztec wrote: »
    ...also "Batsy, that's a beautifull British name."

fixed for accuracy YEAH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phasers wrote: »
    wow, that is so exciting!!!!!!

Have you been stopped for many autographs yet?????
    I got a signed picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

That's a racist photo. I see no black, brown or yellow people in the audience :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

gurramok wrote: »
    That's a racist photo. I see no black, brown or yellow people in the audience :mad:

"that's a beautiful British audience"
    - Al Murray, Satirical Pub Landlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Did this turn out how you expected OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

There was more people at my 21st.........not the most popular british comedian is he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

All this time you've been going on about how overcrowded Britain is and I though you were talking complete rubbish, but it does actually look quite crowded in that photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So.....you have a photo of you at an Al Murray Gig, but without Al Murray. How utterly pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

OP have you ever been at any other gig ever?

are there threads for them too?

danniemcq wrote: »
    OP have you ever been at any other gig ever?

are there threads for them too?

O' JEASUS - don't suggest it to him.
    We will get one now every time he goes to mass! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

The whole audience looks ashamed. Like they were **** before the lights came up and have quickly put their hands together or onto their knees, grinning inanely.

I am looking, in particular, at the entire front row. W8nkers the lot of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

To be fair, it was probably a crap show.

pebbles21 wrote: »
    There was more people at my 21st.........not the most popular british comedian is he?

Bolton's so far north, that they could only find a few people who could understand his southern England accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

A picture of the exterior of Bolton's Albert Hall
    http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/11/50/115074_2c219bad.jpg
    (for the completests among you.)

Dotrel wrote: »
    A picture of the exterior of Bolton's Albert Hall
    http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/11/50/115074_2c219bad.jpg
    (for the completests among you.)

Bless, I remember the days sitting on those steps just opposite the Woolworths there.
    Having an afternoon off before wandering into work on Bradshawgate st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Reminds me of this!

If you look at the back there is also a guy with a short sleeved blue shirt!

• Advertisement
Advertisement