If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic tv prices

Options
  • 25-11-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to replace my ancient crt tv and after looking around and asking opinions I've settled on a few plasma Panasonic models before I ordered elsewhere I was wondering what sort of price you could offer on some of the following:

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42G30B which I've found for 569 sterling

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42ST30B which I've found for 549 sterling

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42S30B for 451 sterling

and

PANASONIC VIERA TXP42G30 for 549 sterling.

They don't half make it difficult wading through the model numbers and variations with these things :p

Thansks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi, I'm looking to replace my ancient crt tv and after looking around and asking opinions I've settled on a few plasma Panasonic models before I ordered elsewhere I was wondering what sort of price you could offer on some of the following:

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42G30B which I've found for 569 sterling

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42ST30B which I've found for 549 sterling

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42S30B for 451 sterling

and

PANASONIC VIERA TXP42G30 for 549 sterling.

They don't half make it difficult wading through the model numbers and variations with these things :p

Thansks!

OT,

Thanks for the post and thinking of us!

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42G30B which I've found for 569 sterling - our current price is £599.95

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42ST30B which I've found for 549 sterling our current price is £549.95

Panasonic VIERA TX-P42S30B for 451 sterling I've no stock visibility on this model at present

On the TXP42G30 - if you have seen it cheaper, I'll happily price beat subject to our standard T's and C's

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

Thanks alot for that, after a bit more research I think I've settled on the VIERA TX-P42G30B as it seems to be well thought of and the GT30B is just out of my price range.

After checking your tc's I see price matching isn't applicable as I don't plan on going for the five year warranty or next day delivery from the other supplier, would shipping be the forty sterling listed on the Irish site as including shipping in both cases it works out as roughly thirty euro more to buy from you?

I'm happy to pm you the other e-tailer to prove I'm not just making numbers up :p

Just noticed the price is actually down to 579.95 on your UK site as opposed to the 599 on the Irish site, if you stock it here in Dublin at that price and I can avoid postage charges that narrows the price difference considerably!

Just noticed the price is actually down to 579.95 on your UK site as opposed to the 599 on the Irish site, if you stock it here in Dublin at that price and I can avoid postage charges that narrows the price difference considerably!

Omni,

apologies I'll ask our guys to update the .ie site asap.

No problem doing it at £579.95 and shipping at just £24.95 - I have it available in stock and ready to ship - you could be looking at it on your wall on Tuesday :D.

- If you do decide to order don't forget to have a look at our 5 year panel protection and see if you need a slim bracket or HDMI leads - we'll happily cut Boardies a deal on these to ease the pain..

drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie if we can assist in any way or if you would like to order..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 >>UniBr0w<<

Hey guys, I sent an email earlier today to sales@richersounds.ie, referencing this thread. Thought I might as well ask here too.

I'm interested in getting a TX-P42G30B, and have noticed that the richersounds.com price is currently listed as £569.95 (http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g30/pana-txp42g30).

I think I would definitely be interested in purchasing at around that price and was wondering how much it would be, together with shipping to Cork?

Thanks very much!

• Advertisement

Have had my eye on that tv the last week or so trying to make up my mind and in that time the price has dropped at least twice I think by a bit, the Irish site probably hasn't caught up yet. From far too much time wasted following tv prices it seems to move roughly in tandem with Pixmania/Amazon etc prive movements.

Hey guys, I sent an email earlier today to sales@richersounds.ie, referencing this thread. Thought I might as well ask here too.

I'm interested in getting a TX-P42G30B, and have noticed that the richersounds.com price is currently listed as £569.95 (http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g30/pana-txp42g30).

I think I would definitely be interested in purchasing at around that price and was wondering how much it would be, together with shipping to Cork?

Thanks very much!

Uni,

yep no problem doing the TXP42G30 at £569.95 - and delivery at £24.95 to the real capital http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g30/pana-txp42g30

As discussed previously guys this is a UK spec TV and isn't Saorview certified ( just so ya know in advance :D )

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

From far too much time wasted following tv prices

You want to try it from this side of the counter ...:rolleyes:

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Uni,

yep no problem doing the TXP42G30 at £569.95 - and delivery at £24.95 to the real capital http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g30/pana-txp42g30

As discussed previously guys this is a UK spec TV and isn't Saorview certified ( just so ya know in advance :D )

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

That's great, thank you! Just talked to my housemate and we've decided to go for it. The lack of Saorview is no problem but thanks for the heads-up.

The price on the Irish site seems to be updated now so I guess it's safe to order from there?
    From far too much time wasted following tv prices it seems to move roughly in tandem with Pixmania/Amazon etc prive movements.

Tell me about it. My brain is melted.

Hi, John! My housemate just put in an order for the TV on richersounds.ie.

I created an account, entering my name and our current address. When we went to the checkout, the site had automatically used these details for the "Delivery Address" field which seemed ok to us. But we were using her credit card and after she put in her card details and clicked "next" the order "completed" without any opportunity for her to enter her billing address.

I'm not 100% sure if you need it to complete the transaction but I'll PM you on the rest of the details, just in case.

Thanks again for your help. It's very much appreciated.

- Eamonn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Thanks for the order.

We are processing it today for despatch from the warehouse tomorrow.

Delivery is likely to be Tuesday.

If we have any problems with the card etc, we'll give you bell.

Many thanks

Dave

Thanks a million, Dave. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What prices have you in 32" lcd/led?

Do any have saorview?

Davy wrote: »
    What prices have you in 32" lcd/led?

Do any have saorview?

Davy,

probably the most popular are:

LG 32LK330 - £249.95
    LG 32LK450 - £269.95
    Samsung LE32D550 - £279.95

All of these work fine with Saorview..

If you want to move upmarket a little:

LG 32LV550T (LED) - £449.95
    Philips 32PFL5206 (LED) EURO €369.99
    Philips 32PFL7606 (getting serious now - Passive 3D / Ambilight/ Smart - €699.99

Keep me posted,

John Mc & Crew

And these are all Saorview Certified..

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Hi John/Dave,

I was onto you guys some time back about getting the 42g30. I finally bit the bullet and bought from Ciaran there on Thursday. He said the best he could do on delivary to Cork was £40 but I see here you could do it for £24.95. I did mention I was a boardie and he said he would ask John if he could do better then £40. The total charged to my card was £609 so I was charged the higher amount for delivery. Is there anything you can do for me? Thanks and I'm really looking forward to the TV!

Issac wrote: »
    Hi John/Dave,

I was onto you guys some time back about getting the 42g30. I finally bit the bullet and bought from Ciaran there on Thursday. He said the best he could do on delivary to Cork was £40 but I see here you could do it for £24.95. I did mention I was a boardie and he said he would ask John if he could do better then £40. The total charged to my card was £609 so I was charged the higher amount for delivery. Is there anything you can do for me? Thanks and I'm really looking forward to the TV!

Bump.

Hi Isaac.

Thanks for the post.

I have looked into the last 4 deliveries of 42G30's to Dublin, 2 of which were to boardies and they are all priced at £40.

The issue with the plasma tends to be weight and extra insurance required so unfortunately £39.95 would be the best that I can do on the delivery of the TV on it's own.

If we are shipping something else, then we may be able to discount the delivery using some of the profit from another product to off-set the delivery.

We do offer a pricebeat so let me know if you can get the screen including delivery for less than this.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the weight problems associated with plasmas (my g10 nearly came to a premature end when I tried to lift it!). I would like to quote John from the first page for the quote I was talking about:
    Uni,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Can you do this price for me?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

id love a price on this for collection, in dublin maybe, of belfast if it has to be.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp50st30/pana-txp50st30

I ordered the Panasonic last week and sent John a pm yesterday about delivery, could someone let me know when to expect it if I pm the order reference number, your website lists it as "shipped to customer" despite there being no sign of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey there, I'm looking to buy a 50" 1080p plasma TV, from either Panasonic, Sony, Samsung or Philips. Flexible on the plasma (could be LCD or LED) but needs to be at least 50" and 1080p.

I was looking at the panasonic tx-p50ut30b. Do u stock it, how much is it & how much to deliver to dublin?

Do you have any similar models by Sony/Samsung? I don't care for 3D, or freeview. It can be there but not necessary at all. My i can spend around 800 but can go over that if there's something awesome (like if it's 55" or something). Thanks!

I received my TX-42G30B last Wednesday and I have to say I'm very pleased with it so far. It seems pretty much perfect for what I need it for. Being my first plasma (I've had LCDs in the past), I'm especially impressed with the blacks.

Trying my best to be patient whilst the screen beds-in before I calibrate it (going to give it about 100 hours of running time first), I'm really looking forward giving the display settings a good once-over. I'm sure it's going to look stunning when I do.

Thanks very much guys - the price you're selling this at really is fantastic value. Made my Christmas.

Hi Aidan.

We only had a few of these available in the January sale and we have now sold out.

The 50ST30 was down to £699.95 for the bundle with 2 pairs of glasses, but I'm currently waiting to see what is happening to the price as all the stores were allocated a qty for the sale which cleaned the warehouse out.

If I get some news, I'll keep you posted.

ATB

Dave

aidankkk wrote: »
    id love a price on this for collection, in dublin maybe, of belfast if it has to be.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp50st30/pana-txp50st30

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.