Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending excess baggage

Options
  • 25-11-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Don't use excess-baggage.com

I am currently in the process of sending a load of boxes to australia using excess-baggage.com and so far have had a very bad experience with them.

The delivery of empty boxes was stuffed up and they never arrived, had to call back 4 or 5 times before I got a response, they never ever returned my calls or answered my emails. Finally they sent out a new set of boxes when I got angry on the phone.

Then when boxes due to pick up the courier didn't arrive. Same deal as for box drop off, they never answered mails or returned calls. Finally a week late the boxes got picked up.

Now it is one day before I leave so I rang to check what's going on because I got no response saying the boxes were on their way and no invoice for the payment. They said invoice would be emailed immediately. Of course didn't happen.

So I call back at 10 to 5 and say what's going on? They say Oh, there's one box missing, so they can't send the shipment till it's found. But they have tracked down that the box was left behind at the courier in Dublin.

No calls to me to say what's going on, no replies to emails and every time I call I get promises that something is just about to be resolved, but it never is.

I would not recommend these guys, so far I have only seen incredible incompentence and a total lack of communication.

God knows if the stuff will ever arrive.....not looking good so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

This is a consumer issue, not a travel topic. Moving accordingly.

Advertisement