Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas early this year? 1000eu for pew pew pc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If you are worried about airflow have a look at the Coolermaster HAF 932. It's a very good case and it comes from their (H)igh (A)ir (F)low range and are very good at keeping temps down. Here's a link. It's only a fiver more and the HAF also comes with bigger fans pre-installed. Of course it depends on your personal aesthetic taste.

It's actuolly very funny how everyone is trying to talk me out of this case ;)

I love the minimalist of looks of nzxt, plus such design is great for keeping dust at bay. Lots of room inside and looks great for cable managment.

I know it looks cheesy, but I really like it. I am odd ball myself :) . Plus lots of reviews are very positive.

My friend looked at the biuld too and he approved it. I decided to go for single gpu mobo and gtx570.

I Allready transferred money on visa, but it might take few days :(. So I will e putting order on tue/wed. I am still here to listen, of anyone for better idea on setup. I already changed good few bits thx to you lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

My first case was the NZXT Tempest, and though it looks very nice, it wasn't that great. Very rattley after a while. If you're looking for quality and minimalism, have a look at the ATCS 840. ;) Freaking HUGE.

Oh, and I completely agree; those two guys doing the Phantom "review" completely stank of n00b.

Ditch the Cooler Master thermal paste though.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/arctic-cooling-mx-2-high-performance-thermal-compound-%28as-used-on-arctic-coolers%29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

+1 on the ATS 840, very good case, how about a Corsair 650D?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's actuolly very funny how everyone is trying to talk me out of this case ;)

Cases are like women, everyone has a strong opinion on them. :p
    54kroc wrote: »
    how about a Corsair 650D?

I had buyer's remorse after ordering when I came across that case. Looks lovely. Or perhaps one of its bigger relatives.

I cant go any more then that on case. It's already alot for me lads.

I still got time till tue or wed.

Fecking bf3 is upsetting me now. Damn punk buster is acting out... And I am upgrading pc for bf3 and diablo 3... Grrrr

• Advertisement

Well funds got transferred to visa this morning! Can't wait to finish work and re do my order a bit.

I thing I gave up to your pressure lads and I will reconsider case. Maybe something cheaper so I can get better mobo or ssd.

How's scan.co.uk with deleveries? Someone mentioned it takes 2-3 days? If I order today would I expect Delevery on Friday?

If yes, I need to sort out day off or to finish early.

How's scan.co.uk with deleveries? Someone mentioned it takes 2-3 days? If I order today would I expect Delevery on Friday?

If yes, I need to sort out day off or to finish early.

scan, when it goes right are very good for deliveries. If it goes wrong you can be burned and end up waiting a week or two for delivery as happened to a few people on this forum. More good orders than bad ones though I think.

I presume as long as I go for stuff that is in stock, then I shouldn't have much of trouble. I do like that they use curriers.

• Advertisement

I presume as long as I go for stuff that is in stock, then I shouldn't have much of trouble. I do like that they use curriers.

You'd think that but some people still got burned ordering stuff in-stock etc. I was happy out with them, my delivery arrived when they said it would.

nesf wrote: »
    You'd think that but some people still got burned ordering stuff in-stock etc. I was happy out with them, my delivery arrived when they said it would.

Which was how many days?

Which was how many days?

Ordered Friday, got it Tuesday for me.

Do they call before delivering? Were they very early?

I start work at 5:00 so I can ask to finish around 10:00.

Do they call before delivering? Were they very early?

I start work at 5:00 so I can ask to finish around 10:00.

No call before delivery unfortunately. Arrived in the early afternoon but it'll vary hugely from address to address, delivery times for city centre Cork will be different to Dublin ones etc.

No call before delivery unfortunately. Arrived in the early afternoon but it'll vary hugely from address to address, delivery times for city centre Cork will be different to Dublin ones etc.

Thx. I am in small town north of cork. So I don't know how it will influence me :) .

Can't wait to finish now!!! Need to spend money!! :)

Thx. I am in small town north of cork. So I don't know how it will influence me :) .

Can't wait to finish now!!! Need to spend money!! :)

How far north? Came from a small town north of Cork myself... :p

How far north? Came from a small town north of Cork myself... :p

Well I am not Irish, but fr last 6/7 years I am living in mallow :). It's my hometown now! :)

Well I am not Irish, but fr last 6/7 years I am living in mallow :). It's my hometown now! :)

Ah, about 15 miles from where I grew up then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I had a delivery from scan that was a day late, after I spent extra for morning delivery and everything.:eek: (I'm outside London)

And my 2c: if i brought that case into the house the wife would kill me :D

Have the fractal define r3 titanium, lovely case, have to remember to clean the psu filter (on the bottom of the case) regularly though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Delivery for me has usually been 3 or 4 working days. That's Dublin though. If you ordered today, you'd be lucky to get it by Friday.
    BigEejit wrote: »
    Have the fractal define r3 titanium, lovely case, have to remember to clean the psu filter (on the bottom of the case) regularly though ;)

The R3 is an amazing case for keeping the noise in alright.

bollox....

retail i5 is not in stock and they bumped up the price on retail version! so its 35 quid extra on CPU alone :(

1gpuversion-1.jpg

this is the final version, but its over my budgwt :( need to cut down atleast to 1050 euro, from 1160eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Motherboard:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-z68a-g43-%28g3%29-intel-z68-s-1155-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-30-%28x16%29-d-sub-%28vga%29-dvi-d-atx

I don't think there's much more you can do without sacrificing performance, unfortunately. Maybe ditch the CPU cooler and thermal paste for the moment? You can always pick those up later. (As well as the hard drive, come to think of it) This way you'd still have an operational computer, with stuff you could add in later easily.

If you take out the CPU cooler, thermal paste, and switch the motherboard, it would bring you down to about €1,080. Take out the HDD and that's about €1,010.

Serephucus wrote: »
    Motherboard:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-z68a-g43-%28g3%29-intel-z68-s-1155-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-30-%28x16%29-d-sub-%28vga%29-dvi-d-atx

I don't think there's much more you can do without sacrificing performance, unfortunately. Maybe ditch the CPU cooler and thermal paste for the moment? You can always pick those up later. (As well as the hard drive, come to think of it) This way you'd still have an operational computer, with stuff you could add in later easily.

If you take out the CPU cooler, thermal paste, and switch the motherboard, it would bring you down to about €1,080. Take out the HDD and that's about €1,010.

i had that mobo before, but its a single gpu mobo. i want to future prove it. so i can drop in one more 570 later next year...

i downgraded my case in to corsair 500R. that 2500k jump in pri9ce really hit me in the jewels...

ordered. estimated delevery time -thursday 01/12/11

if i wont come back in few days, then i am killed by misses shadowhearth and burried in near by cementary :(

I suppose you didn't check out their today only page? A few deals there. M4 for £79. Mostly alternatives to what you wanted such as B3 boards and western digital hard drives, so no huge savings.

thanks, but the order is in by now. i told misses it is 1100eu ( hit the 1150 part ) and she wasnt so upset. i presume i will still get my share in bedroom :D.

on topic. my order is 3/4 done i think. it says - estimate date for delevery 30/11/11. that surely cant be right... they said that they plan on dispatching it today too!

its dispatched already...

in last mail it said estmated 30/11/11, but says nothing in the last letter. just delevery times from 9:00 to 17:00. i guess i will have to finish early tommorow lololol

Probably UK estimate. But I think it was either them or ebuyer that I placed an order with after 9pm and it was dispatched at 11pm. They work long hours!

• Advertisement

they gave me tracking number but it is not working.

so i guess no way expecting it tomorrow? even when it was dispatched today at 15:00?

Advertisement