Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas early this year? 1000eu for pew pew pc.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

nesf wrote: »
    Get the fans working before overclocking.

Heaven Benchmark is good for GPUs. 3DMark free version is alright for both CPUs and GPUs.
    i have no idea why they are not working...

all fans working and i got huge aftermarket cpu cooler too. wount that be enough?!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

i have no idea why they are not working...

all fans working and i got huge aftermarket cpu cooler too. wount that be enough?!

Just makes your life a lot easier temp wise if airflow is optimal in the case. Without the front fans you've no intake of air into the case which makes the case hotter and cooling worse which is less than ideal. You can overclock like this but you're making your life harder than it needs to be.

Just makes your life a lot easier temp wise if airflow is optimal in the case. Without the front fans you've no intake of air into the case which makes the case hotter and cooling worse which is less than ideal. You can overclock like this but you're making your life harder than it needs to be.

jesus, but i dont even know where to start to look for problem :( the way i see it, there are no separate connectio to the fan, it goes to front pannel ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

3DMark 11 is the best benchmark around for overall performance.

MSI Afterburner is for OCing, plenty of OCing guys online. Google again will help.

jesus, but i dont even know where to start to look for problem :( the way i see it, there are no separate connectio to the fan, it goes to front pannel ...

In general, assume you're not the first person to have this problem so google it and knowledge shall flow. Usually works unless you are a really early adopter. Or you get unlucky.

• Advertisement

Right, to completely finish off myself, I decided to look in to it.

It has 4 extra fans. Rear one has that simple connection same as CPU cooler. It's working fine.

Now 2 front ones are connected in to one cable and going in to front panel, but from from panned there is a spare cable which is defo for fans, but it's not the same as CPU and rear one. I can disconnect both fans and they will be male connections. The side fan has same connection too. I can't find a place on mobo for those connections...

Any ideas? Sorry I am noob on this. I'll try to find how those connections look on google.

Right, to completely finish off myself, I decided to look in to it.

It has 4 extra fans. Rear one has that simple connection same as CPU cooler. It's working fine.

Now 2 front ones are connected in to one cable and going in to front panel, but from from panned there is a spare cable which is defo for fans, but it's not the same as CPU and rear one. I can disconnect both fans and they will be male connections. The side fan has same connection too. I can't find a place on mobo for those connections...

Any ideas? Sorry I am noob on this. I'll try to find how those connections look on google.

The motherboard manual should have a diagram listing positions of sockets for the fan plugs. Normally there are 3 not counting the CPU fan socket.

You want female plugs for the fans going into the motherboard. Are they 3 pin?

They look like 3 pin, but they are not going on those fan connectors.

Maybe I need to connect it in to psu directly?

They look like 3 pin, but they are not going on those fan connectors.

Maybe I need to connect it in to psu directly?

Post a picture of them.

Post a picture of them.

I'll do tommorow.

Friend said that Ussually case games are connected in to psu, but I newer sow such connections...

I got one more idea which I will try tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Now 2 front ones are connected in to one cable and going in to front panel

The fans connect the front panel which has a fan controller. There should be a molex connector for the fan controller to the PSU which will in turn power your fans. The big 4 pin connectors.

250px-Molex_female_connector.jpg

I think you are spot on there!

I remember yesterday stumbling on some molex, but I was too tired and presumed its one more psu molex.

And that fan goes in to the spare cable coming frOm front panel and then molex from front pane in to psu! That makes sence!!!

Now I need to finish work and finish off pc!!!

Thx again.

Oh, something I forgot to ask. Did you line up the direction of the exhaust from your CPU cooler with the exhaust fans on either the top or side of the case? It's very easy on a first build to have the hot air from the CPU blowing down onto the GPU and this causing you cooling issues when you're overclocking later.

Right, like mono said. There was an molex. So fans are working now.

I dunno about that thought. Is it exhaust or intake.( the back one )

Anyway. Installed bf3 and it worked fine. All stable and no hick ups.

Need some benchmark now.

P.s. ssd is a decking alien technology!!!

BTW I FORGOT TO TELL EVERYONE THANKS!

really thank you for giving my a hand with this biuld. i am really happy with it. satisfaction of biulding something yourself and then see it work ( touches wood ) makes it all right!

from biulding, we will advance to overclocking :D

Advertisement