Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trout Fishing in Rathangan

Options
  • 25-11-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi All

Anyone living in the Rathangan Area off kildare have any good tips on Trout fishing there's only one river that run's through it The Slate River the part of the river near me is shallow anyone who know were there's deeper water with not to much travel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Ahhh.. is the season not closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

Thanks for your reply I know the seasons closed....I'm just lookin for spots to go because i'm knew up here!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Barrow heading for monasterivan might be close by ,and i think its available for pike but open to correction on this .

thanks for the info the barrow is a good bit out from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

Try Loch Ashling in Edenderry it is open all year found for stocked Rainbow and Brown Trout fishing.

• Advertisement

thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

madred006 wrote: »
    Barrow heading for monasterivan might be close by ,and i think its available for pike but open to correction on this .

A lot of the barrow around there and Portarlington is by membership or day pass only. Think membership is 30quid for the year which is good.
    Not a member but will prob join next year. Was chatting to a member fishing it in Portarlington at the park, and nothing but advice and tips for me.
    Very helpful considering i wasn't a member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

slate is closed now til march, not much in it nowadays, got a bad hiding from nightliners last few years, only juveniles left in it, mostly all shallow water, very little depth at all, get the odd small 1 on wetfly early season, not much else left

• Registered Users Posts: 45 finlayspub1

u have the slate, barrow and the black
    not open until march but all offer decent fishing .

thanks for the info have too look into fishing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Racha78

wgsten wrote: »
    Try Loch Ashling in Edenderry it is open all year found for stocked Rainbow and Brown Trout fishing.

All year for brown trout (i preasume stocked as well)? I tought season closes for them regardless ???

Advertisement