If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price please on philips40pfl6606T

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

blackius wrote: »
    This one.A nice boardsie price please

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl6606t_12/40pfl6606t_12_pss_eng.pdf

Crucially it's the freeview hd [uk spec] that I need.
    It will also do saorview.

Thanks.

Delivery would be to Arklow :)

Blackius,

many thanks for the mail and apologies - I guess you're the guy who sent me the email earlier - I just have'nt had a chance to get around to answering it yet.

....Now the next bit of bad news, the Philips guys here don't range the 6606 which is a pity as it's a cracking TV - all the models that Philips Ireland stock are 'H' variants - so they will receive standard Freeview but not Freeview HD ( AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(:mad:) ..

The only option I can offer you close to the model you are looking at is the 42PFL7666 or the 47PFL7666 - these are Freeview HD and of course will also work with Saorview - the prices respectively are £899.95 and £1099.95 - they are really similar to the 7606 models, but the 7666 have a 5 year warranty and also feature wifi whilst the 7606 needs an ethernet connection or a dongle...

The one thing I can report is that the 76 series (either 7606 or 7666) is a completely AMAZING tv - we installed one for a very famous sports star earlier this week ( actually we installed a 32, 42 and 47" 7606 for him! :D:D) and one of the particularly geekish Richer Guys did the install, he's used to installing Pana's / Sony's etc., but he said its the best motion picture he had ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/42pfl7666/phil-42pfl7666

Give me a shout if I can assist in any way....

..ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Thats a pity John,the 6606t is a beaut and I sort of had my heart set on that one.
    When you say philips don't let it into Ireland,surely that doesn't exclude northern ireland? I'm wondering would richer in belfast have it at some point?
    I know john lewis stock it in chester which as a last resort I might get some one to collect en route home.
    But I'd prefer Richer or yourselves obviously.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

blackius wrote: »
    Thats a pity John,the 6606t is a beaut and I sort of had my heart set on that one.
    When you say philips don't let it into Ireland,surely that doesn't exclude northern ireland? I'm wondering would richer in belfast have it at some point?
    I know john lewis stock it in chester which as a last resort I might get some one to collect en route home.
    But I'd prefer Richer or yourselves obviously.

Blackius,

I agree awful pity that Philips Ireland don't currently import the 6606T it looks like the '76' series which means that it's a stunner..

40pfl6606t_12_rtf_.jpg

- and to be honest Philips Ireland also look after Northern Ireland so at the moment I'm at a dead end on that front as well - however I'll give them a call on Monday morning (they are quite approachable in Philips Towers :D) and see if there is any strings that can be pulled and get back to you...

I'd also LOVE the Philips Guys to bring in the 42PFL6805 which is the EISA Green TV award winner 2011:

42pfl6805h_12_rtf_.jpg

...but to be fair to them I know thay just cannot bring in the whole range as there are certification and volume issues that they have to support..

..Thanks a million for the loyalty by the way - those guys in John Lewis have FAR too much money ;)

I'll do my best and keep you posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

cheers John.
    If you could persuade philips towers,that would be brilliant :)

Hi John,

Any news on this?

I have a friend who can bring it in for me but obviously,I'd like to deal with yourselves.

Sending you a pm and an email

Thanks

• Advertisement

Ok lads,another pm sent to both Ashley and John.

Do you have a 37 inch version of the pfl7666 available?

A boardsie price would be nice,a purchase is imminent :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.