Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualified gunsmiths

Options
  • 25-11-2011 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads

My license for my Tikka t3 super varmint 6,5x55se just srrived in the post according to my missus(I am in Brazil,arrive next week);)
    I was in touch with fergal White,but hes flat out in work at the moment. So my question is there any other gunsmiths in the midlands that can do some minor work threading and some cutting of the magwell to fit AI magazine?
    Phonenumbers,email etc would be appreciated.Thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

You might be out of luck for another gunsmith in the midlands . If you are away till next week what kind of time line did he give you before he could do it ?? From what i hear he is about as good as they come for the kind of work you are looking to get done . ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

You might be out of luck for another gunsmith in the midlands . If you are away till next week what kind of time line did he give you before he could do it ?? From what i hear he is about as good as they come for the kind of work you are looking to get done . ;)

Well he didnt give an exact timeframe,and he didnt seem to keen on this kind of a job,so i presume he is up to his eyes in work at the moment.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

If so you you could try fabian connolly gunsmith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

The guy who has the shop in lucan is qualified , pat clinton, he served his time with churchill in england, i don't know if can or will thread rifles though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Why is it everytime someone asks about a gunsmith this crap gets dragged out about mine is better, etc, etc.

Either answer the OP or refrain from posting. Give your suggestion, and then let the OP decide if he wants to make use of the person you suggested.

Back on topic.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Also there is a gunsmith up in the gun gallery in drogheda , tony curran i think his name is , he worked for years in watts on ormond quay in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Hondata92

If so you you could try fabian connolly gunsmith

Didnt realise Fabian was in the south:o (until i checked) if he can build a rifle like he can shoot then im sure they are of a very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Good choice on the 6.5 and tikka.
    What AI mag are you going to use? From what I've read and people I've talked to about it I didn't think it was possible for the T3/swede.

thelurcher wrote: »
    What AI mag are you going to use? From what I've read and people I've talked to about it I didn't think it was possible for the T3/swede.

Its no problem to use AI mags in .300 winmag.
    You just have to bend the magazine lips slightly to fit the 6,5 rounds,the COAL shouldn be a problem,cause the COAL of a .300 winmag round is slightly longer than a 6.5 round.:D
    And you need to take out about a 1\4 of an inch from the magwell to fit the magazine.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Roedale and Alutek Sweden make bottom metals for the T3. Alutek make one that takes the original plastic mag or another that takes AICS magazines.
    edi

• Advertisement

Ye're both right in what ye say but there's a big problem - both versions of the bottom metal will only accept the 308 version of the AI mag.
    The external dimensions of the 300 and 308 AI mags would have to be the same for this to work.
    Looking at the Alutek and Roedale site nothing has changed - they still don't offer bottom metal for the T3 that will accept the 300 mags.

I'd like to be wrong about this because it's the last change I'd like to make to my setup.

Ye're both right in what ye say but there's a big problem - both versions of the bottom metal will only accept the 308 version of the AI mag.
    The external dimensions of the 300 and 308 AI mags would have to be the same for this to work.
    Looking at the Alutek and Roedale site nothing has changed - they still don't offer bottom metal for the T3 that will accept the 300 mags.

I'd like to be wrong about this because it's the last change I'd like to make to my setup.

I got a stock from The us with internal AI magazine setup in .300 winmag in the stock
    Ill show some pics once its done:D

Hi Lads

My license for my Tikka t3 super varmint 6,5x55se just srrived in the post according to my missus(I am in Brazil,arrive next week);)
    I was in touch with fergal White,but hes flat out in work at the moment. So my question is there any other gunsmiths in the midlands that can do some minor work threading and some cutting of the magwell to fit AI magazine?
    Phonenumbers,email etc would be appreciated.Thanks:D

Just recived mail from Fergal White:D
    Hes taking a look at it when i get home;)

I got a stock from The us with internal AI magazine setup in .300 winmag in the stock
    Ill show some pics once its done:D
    Very curious as to who made this setup - can you pass on the name or better still the link to where you bought it.
    What work needs to be done on the mag well.

Very curious as to who made this setup - can you pass on the name or better still the link to where you bought it.
    What work needs to be done on the mag well.

Ill Pm you about the details.;)

Advertisement