Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hours do lecturers work?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Anyone know how many hours your typical DIT lecturer works? I honestly don't know, is it a standard 40 hour week? I heard one lecturer tell us "we're so busy ... we're flat out this year"...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭Alan_H_1991

johndb wrote: »
    Anyone know how many hours your typical DIT lecturer works? I honestly don't know, is it a standard 40 hour week? I heard one lecturer tell us "we're so busy ... we're flat out this year"...

Very little I assume, the standard of lecturers in DIT is appalling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Very little I assume, the standard of lecturers in DIT is appalling.

Either contribute to the thread productively or don't post at all please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

cant speak for every course but on mine it ranges. lecturers can work 6, 12 (guessing there is a 18/20 option) hrs a week when part time. full time lecturers (im assuming its limited to year head (& assistant year heads) and the computers lecturer) have to be doing some sort of research outside of scheduled work hours also

Advertisement