Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Question

Options
  • 25-11-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Ok I upgraded my sim as my old one wouldnt receive 3g.
    But there still no 3G on my San Francisco, so I swapped my sim with my dads he has a 3 sim. 3G worked on my phone and my meteor sim worked in his phone.
    Really cant figure out why I cant pick up 3G on my phone with the meteor sim.
    Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It sounds like you might be in a location where 3 have a mast with 3G available, but meteor's mast hasn't

Whether you can receive 3G or not usually has nothing to do with the SIM.

Have you checked the network settings on your phone to ensure that the capability to receieve 3G is enabled? ie, the (UMTS) 900/2100 frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

It could be a malfunctioning phone.

I had a similar problem with an unlocked Vodafone Smart. My brothers 3 SIM could never use 3G data with it, whereas my 3 SIM worked perfectly well. A while later, the mobile radio part of it died completely making it useless. He then bought a Samsung Europa which works fine with his SIM.

I'm guessing that regardless of whether or not it's rooted or flashed the option to return it to the manufacturer is not on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

I set up a new APN and it worked, if anyone else has this problem. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I get 4 options to add an APN on my Blade. Which one did you go for & what settings did you enter? I have iffy 3g at times and tour cure might be mine as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

When you have the option to choose which APN, i clicked menu and then clicked enter new APN.
    Type in any name you would like, then for the APN enter Data.mymeteor.ie
    Leave the rest blank and then click menu and save.

• Advertisement
Advertisement