Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad day for Laois shooters

Options
  • 26-11-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Went into the Garda bks today to sort out a few things with the FAO and was told he's after retiring during the week. Usually when we read of threads involving the lisancing of firearms it's usually of someone's bad experiences but I have to say I've had nothing but good experiences in relation to the gards here in Laois.
    Some of ye might know John Munnolly through his work in the nargc and know that he's a true hunter and sportsman and a gentleman.
    From a personal point of view ild like to thank John for everything he's done for me down the years and ild like to wish him a long and happy retirement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

The man was a shining example for all the other FAO. He went above and beyond to help lads out. A big loss for lads in Laois. Wish him all the best in his retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hollow point

John has helped me out numerous times with licences he will be a massive loss to the gardai and shooters alike an absolute gentleman to deal with even though i probably annoyed him more than once.Happy retirement John.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I fecking knew i'd jinx it. Only said the other day on another thread about licenses that if my FO ever retired we'd need to do a whip around, and pay for him to stay on.

He was a complete professional, and a pleasure to deal with. He knew his firearms, and as a keen shooter himself was very easy to talk to. He will be badly missed, and not easily replaced but i hope that his replacement has spent some time around John, and picked up on his ability to run not only a tight ship, but and efficient one.

Happy retirement John.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

This guy sounds like a great guy. Hopefully his replacement will be as good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Just noticed this thread and have to add to the thanks to John for all his work over the years.

Best of luck and hope he enjoys his retirement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement