Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

target shooting galway

• 26-11-2011 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

where and when? im new and want to sos out all the bits and bobs for startin off and want to know good target places in galway county or prefferably close enough to the city

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

TBH - AFAIK there's no target shooting club in and around Galway area/city. The closest to you would be Lo Bough in Sligo or further east would be Midlands. If you check the NASRPC web site- there's a list of clubs and contacts on that.

http://www.nasrpc.ie/who-we-are/links

https://www.facebook.com/NASRPC

good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

What kind of shooting do you want to do, I have the use of a bit of land and i'm on the out skirts of Galway, mainly do target shooting

That's not a good thing to be saying on an open forum. You're best bet when you say target shooting is to be part of target shooting club. Having the use of some land is mainly for vermin control. Depends on what you've put down on your FCA1 form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Plenty of vermin for shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 andiimann

i have a friend with land alright but it was mainly for a club to join because i live in the heart of galway so i need the reason for the gun if ya get me so a shooting club suits me better even tho i think theres a private one in gort i might look up

• Advertisement

Gort? - First I've heard of it. If it's not on the Gardaí radar, it won't count as a valid club and won't help you get your licence.

Advertisement