Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frighteningly White Teeth.

• 26-11-2011 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Do you know anyone who has outrageously white teeth?

I remember, this one time, being stopped by a guy at a bus stop with an American accent who asked me about the destination of the bus.

I'm not sure what exactly the question was because I was fixated on his shockingly white teeth that looked like bleached clothes under a UV light.

In fact I actually ducked when he opened his mouth as I thought he was trying to stun me with his beaming white teeth.

I just mumbled that the bus ended up in County Terminus or something and walked quickly away with flashed eyes from the assault.

So how come we have normal yella teeth and Americans have mad glowing white ones?

TELL ME.

Comments

The Osmonds!
    Yanks insist on bleaching them to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

White teeth are lovely to look at :) Over bleached teeth though look weird like poor Ross here

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Not sure why Americans are obsessed with teeth.

I suppose they think that having unbelievably straight, white teeth will take the focus off how fat they are.

Never works, though. You can always tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

I suppose they think that having unbelievably straight, white teeth will take the focus off how fat they are.

Never works, though. You can always tell.

Sure, they're the fat ones, Mr. Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Sure, they're the fat ones, Mr. Tesco.

I've slimmed down recently, you animal!

Your teasing makes me feel so inadequate....and fat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Dental work is very cheap in the US, and dentist practices are as common starbucks, nearly on every street corner, every shopping centre has three or four of them. Why not have brilliant white gloss teeth.

stoneill wrote: »
    Dental work is very cheap in the US, and dentist practices are as common starbucks, nearly on every street corner, every shopping centre has three or four of them. Why not have brilliant white gloss teeth.
    Why not just use brilliant white gloss to paint them! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Kinda like Keith Duffy's new teeth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Jon Bon Jovi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

stoneill wrote: »
    Dental work is very cheap in the US,

no it's not, just most insurance plans have a dental package which nearly everyone uses. if you have to pay for treatment it's much more expensive than here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

More like Teeth Duffy's new keith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I laughed at that ... Yes, I'm a big Corrie fan :o

He looks fvcking stupid with them, or more stupider than he did.

My daughter has crazy white teeth, but like most 16 year olds she'd spend hours looking a million dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

no it's not, just most insurance plans have a dental package which nearly everyone uses. if you have to pay for treatment it's much more expensive than here.

also it is the exception rather than a rule to have a dental plan where you don't have to pay anything out of pocket.
    even with insurance over there it probably averages out more expensive than having the same procedures done without insurance in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Lisa needs braces!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

One of my friends has the "Ross" teeth look going on. Pretty weird.

I've very white straight teeth and people are always asking if i got veneers. If they saw how obsessed i am about brushing them they'd see why they're so white. I have a thing for teeth tbh and if someone has bad teeth it really turns me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

bluewolf wrote: »

That's 'cause she's black. Black peoples teeth always look crazy white 'cause of the contrast.

What? It's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

bluewolf wrote: »

Was about to say what Strobe said.
    strobe wrote: »
    That's 'cause she's black. Black peoples teeth always look crazy white 'cause of the contrast.

What? It's true.

Always thought 'Jeez black people on TV have such fantastic teeth'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What? It's true.

That phenomenon comes in handy. I remember once going towards the only taxi parked at a taxi rank on a dark night and thinking there was no-one in it. That was until the Nigerian driver smiled, so I saw it was available and got home safely.

True story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭criticalcritic

Dont know about white teeth but my knobs HUGE

You find doors hard to open is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

But is it frightening? Else GTFO. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

*shudder*

it just screams Ive had my teeth bleached by a dentist, a bit like a woman getting her tits done badly its so obvious and un natural :o

their teeth are probably pretty crap underneath the bleached layer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Audrina from MTV. Quite an ugly girl but made worse by those fake whitened teeth.

It makes me shudder.

Audrina from MTV. Quite an ugly girl but made worse by those fake whitened teeth.

It makes me shudder.

It just makes her horrible teeth stand out even more.

Its like all those deals on City Deals for teeth whitening. You can tell all the people who have had it done but if they have horrible teeth to begin with it just makes them stand out even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

What? It's true.

very true.
    have told a few people to go out and enjoy the sunshine when they couldn't get bleaching done.

Youtube search for:

'Street dentist'

makes for fascinating viewing I assure y'all but it's not for the squeamish with a belly full of Beamish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

TBH - I find yellow teeth revolting. Even mildly yellow. Your teeth should be white and clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Oh the delicious ironing, what goes around eventually comes back around.

In Ireland, up until the late 1960's it was common practise for most women on their 21st birthday to have what in the dental profession was called a 'full clearance', i.e. all their teeth taken out and have perfectly straight removable dentures (false teeth) fitted.

I think time will tell what the long term effect of bleaching will have on teeth. Even with veneering, there's a lot of horror stories from the UK of maverick dentists not fixing underlying problems and just applying veneers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I've read(from my zero knowledge of dentistry) that all this whitening stuff that these clinics offer actually damage the enamel on your teeth, that is leaves them open to infection and weaker after whitening. Any truth in that? And no, I have never got whitening done before :)

gurramok wrote: »
    I've read(from my zero knowledge of dentistry) that all this whitening stuff that these clinics offer actually damage the enamel on your teeth, that is leaves them open to infection and weaker after whitening. Any truth in that? And no, I have never got whitening done before :)

Yup it takes the coating off your teeth so in the end if you drink tea/coffee/coke/ or smoke they're just gonna be worse and a lot harder to get the stains off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm very vain plus I smoke, I'm using a specialized whitening toothpaste at the moment that keeps them looking presentable but not perfect.:(

I'm very vain plus I smoke, I'm using a specialized whitening toothpaste at the moment that keeps them looking presentable but not perfect.:(

The new oral b pro whitening one is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kiera wrote: »

I just 3 tubes of that on special offer yesterday in SuperValu......nice one!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I just 3 tubes of that on special offer yesterday in SuperValu......nice one!

The blue pack? Its €5 a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Really, I'll have to check it out. I'm using Arm and Hammer Advanced Whitening at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ah, takes note :)

My teeth ain't yellow but 'mildly dark white not grey' whatever that is but presentable:P All these adverts we are bombarded with 'teeth whitening for 100quid', there had to be a downside to it!

My teeth ain't yellow but 'mildly dark white not grey' whatever that is but presentable:P All these adverts we are bombarded with 'teeth whitening for 100quid', there had to be a downside to it!

I just have normal non-crooked teeth with a natural teeth colour. Think I might buy that toothpaste the lads are on about above as I'd like 'em to be a shade or two lighter.

Really, I'll have to check it out. I'm using Arm and Hammer Advanced Whitening at the moment.

Nah this stuff is awesome! Has kinda grainy stuff on it to totally scrub your teeth and after a month of using it my teeth are paper white. Its oral b pro and its the whitening one. There are a few of the pro ones so make sure you check.

/but not in the "ross" way.

• Advertisement

The blue pack? Its €5 a pack.

Oral B Mouthwash + Whitening (It's a blue box)......€2 a go, that was on Wednesday last

Oral B Mouthwash + Whitening (It's a blue box)......€2 a go, that was on Wednesday last

It has to be the new pro one, not the old oral b one. Thats why its going cheap.

Now in saying i have very white teeth, i dont drink tea/coffee/fizzy drinks. I do smoke tho and still they're really white from this toothpaste.

Now in saying i have very white teeth, i dont drink tea/coffee/fizzy drinks. I do smoke tho and still they're really white from this toothpaste.

I always think Bovril would stain them but obviously not! And yes you have excellent teeth, i have tooth jealousy :)

I always think Bovril would stain them but obviously not! And yes you have excellent teeth, i have tooth jealousy :)

I only drink bovril at home and brush my teeth after :)

This is the toothpaste i use, dudes.

We're not all made of money :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Pro experts are the best kind of experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Myself! ...well, sometimes. I like to keep my teeth looking white but for a few weeks (well, a month or two) after getting them whitened it looks a bit unnatural, that combined with a bit of dark makeup/fake tan makes them look like they're glowing in a bad way.
    That said, i'd rather have OTT glow in the dark white teeth than yellow ones. Just hate yellow teeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

mackg wrote: »
    Pro experts are the best kind of experts.

'Executive pro experts' are even more betterer

• Advertisement
Advertisement