Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frighteningly White Teeth.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

dee. wrote: »
    Myself! ...well, sometimes. I like to keep my teeth looking white but for a few weeks (well, a month or two) after getting them whitened it looks a bit unnatural, that combined with a bit of dark makeup/fake tan makes them look like they're glowing in a bad way.
    That said, i'd rather have OTT glow in the dark white teeth than yellow ones. Just hate yellow teeth!

Always wondered why some people's teeth do be yellow. Outside of them being junkies, is it tea & coffee that makes people's teeth yellow? What exactly is the drink\food that causes the yellowness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Bit fake the american brilliant white. Still, prefer that to plaque breath which is beyond ick on the ick scale of odors that are ick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Oh the delicious ironing, what goes around eventually comes back around.

In Ireland, up until the late 1960's it was common practise for most women on their 21st birthday to have what in the dental profession was called a 'full clearance', i.e. all their teeth taken out and have perfectly straight removable dentures (false teeth) fitted.

Not that I don't believe you but... citation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

gurramok wrote: »
    Always wondered why some people's teeth do be yellow. Outside of them being junkies, is it tea & coffee that makes people's teeth yellow? What exactly is the drink\food that causes the yellowness?

I heard before that some times it has to do with genes. Dont know how true that is but if you look at your mates teeth and then their family you can kinda see that they all have the same colour teeth.

Its like a girl in work, she got her teeth whitened and paid 300 quid for it and they didnt look any different and the dentist said that some teeth just cant be whitened that its to do with their genes. Sounds a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Smoking causes yellow teeth too innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Kiera wrote: »
    I heard before that some times it has to do with genes. Dont know how true that is but if you look at your mates teeth and then their family you can kinda see that they all have the same colour teeth.

Its like a girl in work, she got her teeth whitened and paid 300 quid for it and they didnt look any different and the dentist said that some teeth just cant be whitened that its to do with their genes. Sounds a bit odd.

Yeah, I'm neither a dentist nor a geneticist but I'm going to stick my neck out there and say that is painfully and obviously nonsense, Keira.

strobe wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm neither a dentist nor a geneticist but I'm going to stick my neck out there and say that is painfully and obviously nonsense, Keira.

Yeah probably, i thought it was weird too. He was just a shister who could do his job i reckon. But the family teeth colour thing is true.

Probably more a cultural thing. Some kids grow up with their Ma's/Da's nagging them to brush their teeth (moi) and some kid's parents couldn't give a fuck.

Edit.

'Cultural capital' would be a better description than cultural.

Edit. STFU Chuck, people know what you're saying.

Ah genes, thats a surprise :)

You do sorta make sense. I don't smoke and neither does my bro and our teeth ain't yellow. My sis does smoke and her teeth ain't in great shape ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I've read(from my zero knowledge of dentistry) that all this whitening stuff that these clinics offer actually damage the enamel on your teeth, that is leaves them open to infection and weaker after whitening. Any truth in that? And no, I have never got whitening done before :)
    Yup it takes the coating off your teeth so in the end if you drink tea/coffee/coke/ or smoke they're just gonna be worse and a lot harder to get the stains off.

nope. both untrue. if done properly the only side effect is sensitivity which can be dealt with with the right toothpaste.

nope. both untrue. if done properly the only side effect is sensitivity which can be dealt with with the right toothpaste.

Please tell us the inner secrets of teeth whitening?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 W77

Complete brainwashing of Irish society by the zionists for women to care about physical appearance over all else and men to care about sex over all else.

W77 wrote: »
    Complete brainwashing of Irish society by the zionists for women to care about physical appearance over all else and men to care about sex over all else.

Just shut up! You bash women in every thread you post in. Go find a woman hating forum where you can meet like minded people like yourself!:rolleyes:

Level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Please tell us the inner secrets of teeth whitening?!

this pretty much sums it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_bleaching

although don't know where they got the idea that dentures can be whitened..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seriously, wtf have Zionists got to do with teeth whitening? Cut out this crap or go post somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Iron like a lion in zion do dudle ahh brushes teeth.

Advertisement