Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach X41 7.1 Wireless Headset - €110.95 Delivered.

Options
  • 26-11-2011 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

For the last few days I've been looking for a decent set of gaming headphones without going way ott on the price. I came across The Digistore that are selling them cheaper than anywhere else I could find. They're price is pretty much the same as what fellas are selling secondhand sets on Adverts for. Plus they're Irish, so you'll get that warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing you're helping the economy!;)

I ordered the last set yesterday, so they've just gone out of stock, but they said they'll have more stock in the next day or two. I'd imagine if you bang them an email you could preorder. Don't quote me on that though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Good bargain,Ive used them for the last year and they are a solid set

Think I paid 220 for the at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I know nothing about these headphones but using the PX21's for a while, I'll never touch a turtle beach headset again. They were weak in sound and body and broke on me very quickly.

Make sure you check out some reviews for that units build quality before you pay that amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

• Registered Users Posts: 19,201 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

kendragon wrote: »
    I know nothing about these headphones but using the PX21's for a while, I'll never touch a turtle beach headset again. They were weak in sound and body and broke on me very quickly.

Make sure you check out some reviews for that units build quality before you pay that amount of money.
    PX21s are a different league to these. These offer 7.1 surround sound whereas the PX21s are only stereo. Also wireless which is an advantage but the chat wires on Turtle Beaches can be a pain and break quite easily. I've had a set of X31s for 2 years now without much problems and these are a huge step above those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Drakar wrote: »

+ £39.60 for shipping!

Which is about £130 delivered, or roughly €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

out of stock,

do these pick up static from wireless devices like the x31?

i want get the xp500 but the price is way over the top

out of stock,

do these pick up static from wireless devices like the x31?

i want get the xp500 but the price is way over the top

Mentioned I ordered the last pair in the op, but they're due to get more in the next few days.

As for interference, it's mentioned in a few reviews that there can be interference from microwaves.
    The biggest issue seems to be battery life in the headset as they're not rechargeable.

Still though, €110 not to have mrs S shouting at me about gaming too loud is a frickin bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Liam O wrote: »
    PX21s are a different league to these. These offer 7.1 surround sound whereas the PX21s are only stereo. Also wireless which is an advantage but the chat wires on Turtle Beaches can be a pain and break quite easily. I've had a set of X31s for 2 years now without much problems and these are a huge step above those.

I can confirm this, used the Px21's pretty heavily time-wise over the past 2 years and they just gave up now, wires in the ear cups are all ripped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

This is agreat price alright for them, I paid 185 for them about 15 months ago.
    The battery life on them is grand, I usually buy my batterys from IKEA(aaa) they cost €1.50 for a pack of 10 each aaa battery would last for about maybe 8hours game play I'd say?
    as for the interferance, the I used to have a g router & downloading would cause crackling, but now have a n router that uses both 5 & 2.5 so no interferance at all as it mainly uses the 5band, but other people in my appartment sometimes causes slight interferance on it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Kevtherev

I got them for £90 on amazon about 6 months ago. Love them for gaming and watching movies.

I do have to keep the laptop switched off while using them but apart from that they are great. Battery life is about 8 hours which for me is about a week of gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

http://www.cdwow.ie/games/xbox-360-turtle-beach-ear-force-x41/dp/22618457

€99 delivered it seems

haven't used cdwow in years - they reliable?
    out of stock anyway

I wouldn't buy anything that expensive from cdwow as there's a chance you could get caught by customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Pete Digger

They're being sold as 'gaming headsets'. Presumably they're fine for VOIP?

Advertisement