Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maggie Thatcher dead?

• 26-11-2011 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Reports on the net says she's died.

Comments

It'd be front and centre on this and it's not so I'm guessing no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

She's only taking a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

This thread fails to deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

......another jet ski accident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I heard it was an orgy collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

No mention of it in either the Torygraph or the (Hate)Mail. And they'd notice, I'm sure.:D

To paraphrase one of her her biggest arselickers, Conor Bruise O'Whine, when she does snuff it, I hope they bury the bitch at a crossroads with a hazel stake through her heart and everyone should wear a clove of garlic around their neck just to be on the safe side.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭cosanostra

if only she had taken a bath 27 years ago she would have gone out with a bang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

She's as indestructible as Captain Scarlet ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Maybe a tree fell on her. Wonder who planted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

You can find everything on "the net". Somewhere out there is a report that I'm dead, and I'm not even famous. Or dead. I think. You need a bit more than that before starting a thread on it, surely?

Maggie Thatcher is going to die, it's just a matter of time, as it is for us all. It will be widely reported when it happens, but it won't be "news", if you know what I mean. :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Confirmed.

A 61-year-old woman was killed Tuesday evening after she was struck by a car while crossing a Southeast Portland street.

Margaret Thatcher, of Portland, was not in a crosswalk when the vehicle hit her just before 8 p.m. near the intersection of Southeast 31st Avenue and Powell Boulevard, said Lt. Robert King, a Portland police spokesman.

A passerby attempted to help, but Thatcher was pronounced dead at the scene.

-- Kate Mather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

gerry adams & co, cancel celebrations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Unless Wolfe Tone posts "We got her!!", I don't believe it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Unless Wolfe Tone posts "We got her!!", I don't believe it

He closed his account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Reports on the net says she's died.

Pure evil can never be truly destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Great if she has, the auld bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

she's nailed to her perch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Artur Foden

This website says it was a different Thatcher

But it's completely uncited so I don't know if that's true. I'd say it would be on the news if she died

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Thread fails to deliver after getting hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

When she does die, imagine all the suck-holes that will emerge. Independent Newspapers will sink in a sea of saliva and semen.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought she died ages ago. Learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Saturday night will be buzzing tonight if she does snuff it today :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Can never understand this "I hope she is dead" ****. Why? I mean I know she was a wagon with a serious evil streak...but it's not like gadafi or Bin laden whose deaths may actually free people or save lives. Her death will eventually bring her sweet release from the shackles of old age and otherwise change absolutely nothing in the world. I hope she goes on for another 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Can never understand this "I hope she is dead" ****. Why? I mean I know she was a wagon with a serious evil streak...but it's not like gadafi or Bin laden whose deaths may actually free people or save lives. Her death will eventually bring her sweet release from the shackles of old age and otherwise change absolutely nothing in the world. I hope she goes on for another 20 years.
    Agreed apart from the last sentence, which seems kinda pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Ohhh Thank God this thread is false, I can now stop crying as I know this great visionary and human being will be with us for another few precious years.

In truth I do admire her, she was one of the west's great leaders since Churchill. She saved Britain from ruin, but she did other things I didn't agree with. But on balance I think Britain is now better because of her. We could do with a similar figure to lead us out of the mess we are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Dudess wrote: »
    Agreed apart from the last sentence, which seems kinda pointless.
    The last sentence was the point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

44leto wrote: »
    Ohhh Thank God this thread is false, I can now stop crying as I know this great visionary and human being will be with us for another few precious years.

In truth I do admire her, she was one of the west's great leaders since Churchill. She saved Britain from ruin, but she did other things I didn't agree with. But on balance I think Britain is now better because of her. We could do with a similar figure to lead us out of the mess we are in.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I must be the only person in Ireland who hopes she goes on for another few decades.
    Dribbling her food, incontinent, bedbound, dementing

Am I a bad person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If its not wall to wall coverage on sky, then it hasn't happened.

Even as 6 or 7 year olds growing up in England we hated her, but she must have done something right (the odd time) considering how long she stayed in for. But to celebrate her death would be a little wrong, shes now a frail old women, who half the time probably doesn't even know what day it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Seems like a Margaret Thatcher has died in a car crash in the US, but not 'the' Margaret Thatcher.
    R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

When she does die I can imagine the scene, she goes down to Hell and the Devil says " ah Mrs Thatcher, I've been waiting for you, now here's your miners helmet and pickaxe":p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What?

Yes it was either her or the IMF Britain when she took the reigns of power was broke and in union chaos with an almost runaway inflation. It was truly grim and Britain was in very real danger of becoming a second world country.

Thatcher changed the economic system, it was an incredibly brave thing to do, although her policies changes where not with-out their problems, Britain prospered and more people entered the middle class.

She was also an incredibly lucky politician, which helped. But in general I think she was a good force for Britain and therefore Ireland, they are still a very big Irish trading partner. It helps us when they prosper.

What she did lack was subtlety, she was at times to much of a blunt instrument and she did get some policies very very wrong. But the" lady was not for turning".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

The kind people, have a wonderful dream.....Margeret on the guillotine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thread disappoints.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement