Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when buying on www1.hardwareversand.de

Options
  • 26-11-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

when buying on www1.hardwareversand.de do all their plugs for power supplies and monitors etc, are they all german?
    and same questions with keyboards and mouse are they any different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It was already mentioned before, that it's better to skip on keyboards from them as they got German layout. Dunno about cables though I presume it should have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LittleMc95

do you have a link to where it was mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

LittleMc95 wrote: »
    when buying on www1.hardwareversand.de do all their plugs for power supplies and monitors etc, are they all german?
    and same questions with keyboards and mouse are they any different?
    Yes, they are all euro-style plugs. Not really an issue as they are mostly kettle-leads and not very expensive to replace (free if you "borrow" them, 2/3 quid on adverts). An adapter would also suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

An adapter would also suit.

Not for a PSU, they can't handle the juice. You need a kettle lead. Just get few load of them in Power City or somewhere for a tenner. Always hand to have a few spare lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Not for a PSU, they can't handle the juice.
    *WHAT* are you talking about? Speculation at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Not for a PSU, they can't handle the juice. You need a kettle lead. Just get few load of them in Power City or somewhere for a tenner. Always hand to have a few spare lying around.

Umm are you sure that you're right. Those converter plugs just change the pins basically. The voltage for German sockets is the same as the Irish ones.

Converter plugs would work but you're better off getting a 3-pin kettle lead. They're the same inputs on all of the PSU's and you'd probably have one lying around, even from computers that are 10 years old.

What are the delivery times like to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I use an adapter for the psu i got off HWV and never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MakeNine

What are the delivery times like to Ireland?

About a week. Once the payment is through they're pretty efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Oh seisse!
    i ordered soemthing by mistake and can't work out how to cancel it
    if i just never pay them will they just never send it ?

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^
    LOL Just don't pay and hope for the best, doesn't sound like a great idea :P

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

I don't care as long as a van load of german delivary men dont land at my house shouting waffen ze europorten while smashing in my skull with 560ti's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Yeah I bought a laptop off hwversand and the keyboard is german layout. So beware if this matters to you.

The plug was also 2-pin but that is easily sorted.

@ pockets3d: Im just imagining that now haha
    just ring them up and you will probably get it sorted easily enough.?

@Tails142: Thanks for that, i got a bit uneasy when that thought hit me..

I have ordered my items but nothing happened after that? I picked the prepaid method or what ever it was but i duno what to do now?

What is the telephone number for them? Ive tried 01805 / 711 117 and it just beeps as if the number is not in service...?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

What is the telephone number for them? Ive tried 01805 / 711 117 and it just beeps as if the number is not in service...?

Ring 0049 1805 711117 and ask for an English speaking agent. It might take a few attempts but eventually you'll get someone with good English and they're very helpfully.

Yeah that number got me sorted cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

hi folks just want to check here before calling them, I placed my order yesterday and sent an international transfer via boi. How long should it take to gt confirmation that the order is final and being processed. ShouldI get a mail once the money hit their account ? How long does this normally take?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You will get an email. It can take a few days (2-5) for the transfer to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bennyc wrote: »
    How long does this normally take?
    If you paid the extra €40, I think it's 2 or 3 days, otherwise the guts of a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

the_syco wrote: »
    If you paid the extra €40, I think it's 2 or 3 days, otherwise the guts of a week.

What extra 40e is that now ? I just added to cart and added the 30e delivery charge then sent a money transfer quoting customer no and order no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

To get the bank to rush the payment for you. Completely not worth it, in my opinion, as you'd be cheaper buying in more local places who could get it to you faster unless it's specific components that you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Monotype wrote: »
    To get the bank to rush the payment for you. Completely not worth it, in my opinion, as you'd be cheaper buying in more local places who could get it to you faster unless it's specific components that you're after.
    Only worth it if you want it before christmas, IMO. Well it was in my case (I didn't want to get the parts after my holidays).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

After the first bank transfer the payments to them go through within 2 days (sometimes next day) for me on all orders. 1st one took a week

Advertisement