Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bus Stops in Ratoath

Options
  • 26-11-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Driving through the village there the other day and noticed that there are a few new bus stops going in at Super Valu and down near the playground at Steeplechase. Does this mean the dangerous Post Office stop will be out of commission soon enough?
    Not before time, it was always dangerous there when a bus was pulled in and half the road was blocked. This presumably also means a new route for the bus through Woodlands instead of turning left at Super Valu? Will this entice more people to get the bus into town I wonder?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Obrieski wrote: »
    Driving through the village there the other day and noticed that there are a few new bus stops going in at Super Valu and down near the playground at Steeplechase. Does this mean the dangerous Post Office stop will be out of commission soon enough?
    Not before time, it was always dangerous there when a bus was pulled in and half the road was blocked. This presumably also means a new route for the bus through Woodlands instead of turning left at Super Valu? Will this entice more people to get the bus into town I wonder?
    Hope so. Like you said, the Post Office stop is a disaster. Several times I've nearly ran into car overtaking a stopped bus dangerously (when one goes, they all seem to go).
    Though they really need another stop coming into Ratoath on the Fairyhouse Road. They have the Old Mill stop heading into town but nothing for coming back. Supposedly the drivers have been told to stop letting people off on the Fairyhouse Road meaning a lot of people would have a 15/20 minute walk from the village. But fair play to the drivers, most of them still let people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

I just assumed that those new stops were for the 109A because they're on that route.

Advertisement