Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop that sells American Food off shop street

Options
  • 26-11-2011 12:33pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friends daughter mentioned she saw one last week. I'd like to check it out, but only know that it's somewhere off shop street. Anyone know it? Not from the area, but I pass through on occasion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Candyland?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just checked their facebook page. I'll definitely have to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you mean food or sweets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JonathanByrne

Candyland (Abbeygate Street) stocks some imported groceries from US, as well as candy, snacks & sodas.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was more the likes of grape jelly I was looking for. But the sweets have also tempted me. Thanks

• Advertisement

They don't just sell sweets - they also sell quite a lot of food stuffs, like Mac & Cheese and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Will have to check that place out! I'm running out of the grape jelly I brought with me from home lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JonathanByrne

They have grape jelly! Welch's I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Sweet! Mac n Cheese is great drunk food. And Stove Top stuffing makes Paxo taste like puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

newkie wrote: »
    Sweet! Mac n Cheese is great drunk food. And Stove Top stuffing makes Paxo taste like puke.

Paxo does taste like puke, make your own stuffing - it's far nicer (and I can't cook, so that's saying something).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

newkie wrote: »

Stove Top - they should call it Salt Top - it's disgusting and tastes of nothing but salt. Make your own - a hell of a lot more healthier and tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

The OH went by Candyland today and said it was closed. I was hoping to get some Wonka bars for the kids Xmas stockings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The OH went by Candyland today and said it was closed. I was hoping to get some Wonka bars for the kids Xmas stockings

Closed like out of business or closed no one home? Their site is still up and here are their hours:
    http://candyland.ie/epages/950000408.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950000408/Categories/BusinessHours

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

They are still in business! I was just talking to the shop owner on FB yesterday! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

They are still in business! I was just talking to the shop owner on FB yesterday! :-)

Thats great news, I must check it out this weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement