Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kindle

• 26-11-2011 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Is there any way I can download books from amazon.co.uk from outside the UK? I bought a kindle in the UK but I live in Ireland. Thank you for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

rtsibbel wrote: »
    Is there any way I can download books from amazon.co.uk from outside the UK? I bought a kindle in the UK but I live in Ireland. Thank you for any suggestions
    yes, you just need to change your address in your amazon account to a UK address. :)

obviously better to use an address of someone you know, but as long as you never use it as a shipping address you should be fine.

a word of caution though, i have heard rumours of amazon suspending accounts of people who have changed their address multiple times back and forth, so don't do it too often. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rtsibbel

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Arbour T

I changed my address to a UK address even though I live in Ireland (and bought my kindle in Dublin aiport) to be able to buy from .co.uk. It worked fine for about a month or so but then I got an email from Amazon asking for proof of my UK address. I ignored this and continued to buy from .co.uk. This worked for another couple of weeks but then all of a sudden when I tried to buy from .co.uk it wouldn't work and I got messgae telling me to contact customer services if I had moved country.
    So now I've had to change my address back to my Irish one and buy from .com which is really annoying.

If anyone knows anyway I could go back to .co.uk I'd love to hear it!

i'm guessing they will just need a scanned or faxed copy of something showing your UK address which is silly really as I have no doubt that could easily be *faked with some image manipulation software, even something as basic as MS Paint.

*not that i would be advocating you do that, just that it would be very easy to do and hard for them to check. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

I bought mine in Dublin Airport and I tried the Uk website but I think they use the billing address for your credit card to decide where you are.

• Advertisement

Ettna wrote: »
    I bought mine in Dublin Airport and I tried the Uk website but I think they use the billing address for your credit card to decide where you are.
    that's exactly what they do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gerrycorrigan

Have just got a kindle as a present. Did I hear a rumour that you get some free books downloaded when you first buy it - if so, how do I get these books?

there's about 4500 (last time i looked) free books on amazon. just log in with your account and buy the free ones and they'll be sent to your kindle when it's connected to wifi or 3g.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_tc_sc_2_0?rh=n:154606011,p_74:0-0&pf_rd_r=A90A66E42F5E4216AA3E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=free&pf_rd_p=1278455102&pf_rd_s=structured-results-2&qid=1323641111&sr=1-2-tc

• Registered Users Posts: 36 budwider

Does anyone know how to transfer downloaded books directly from my pc to kindle 4.0 without having to go through the amazon site???

budwider wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to transfer downloaded books directly from my pc to kindle 4.0 without having to go through the amazon site???
    yup. :)

http://calibre-ebook.com

tbh, if you have any kind of kindle or other ebook reader and don't have calibre, you're missing out. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement