Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary schools Loughrea

Options
  • 26-11-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me about primary schools in loughrea? We are moving there in the new year and my son is due to start primary in September. Also does anyone know any good playschools that would have places until next summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Thanks for that :rolleyes:
    Believe it or not though some schools/playschools are better than others and I was more looking for info from people who have children using these.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pat.folan

There are three primary schools in Loughrea, St. Ita's, St. Brendan's and Gaelscoil Riabhach. St. Ita's is mixed for the first few junior classes then the boys go to the boy's school St. Brendan's. The Gaelscoil is co-ed and has an excellent Naíonra (playschool) on the grounds. My own son is in naíonán bheaga (junior infants) and loves it. They are in prefabs right now but will have a building within a few years. The announcement was made today.

I am not 100% sure of St. Brendan's name being correct. I think that is right but i'm not sure.

Welcome to Loughrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Mods, not sure whether to start a new thread? My daughter will be starting primary school in 2019 and I think we will send her to Loughrea. I'd really appreciate any feedback on the primary schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pat.folan

detoxkid wrote: »
    Mods, not sure whether to start a new thread? My daughter will be starting primary school in 2019 and I think we will send her to Loughrea. I'd really appreciate any feedback on the primary schools?

Update on my old post.

The Gaelscoil building is being completed at the moment. Main structure is finished. Plan is to open it for use during this academic year.

Nothing else in my old posy has changed as far as I know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement