Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview rejection

Options
  • 26-11-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I went for a job interview for a contract IT project manager position yesterday. I was told in the interview that I didn't have the technical knowledge to work at the level the position was at. I got lots of feed back on what I had that was good but man I feel crap today. I wonder if I would have preferred they said nothing and I made up my own reasons for why I wasn't hired!!! It was defintely good to get the feedback and I can enact a plan to get more technical but it still feels crap. On the brightside, at least I have a job to go to on Monday.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Listen, when you're rejected for one of these jobs, usually they'll say something like you didn't have the skills and experience

They won't tell you if they didn't like the smell of your bottom.

In my experience, project management jobs are not really technical. They're more stuffed shirt and box ticking.

You may have not got the job because you were too technically skilled.

Advertisement