Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos at the top

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Tack, I'm not the one who said anyone was "the barometer all rifle shooters aspire to." You are. That is patently horseshít, since the theoretical 10m shooter is going to get nothing from Adrian's F-Class prowess. As Conor says, different strokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

This is exactly the sort of example I'm talking about. That's not true. He's one shooter, in a very small pool of a very specific discipline. Even within the Irish pool of competitive rifle shooting, encompassing say, ISSF prone and three-positions rifle, benchrest, gallery rifle, F-Class, TR and sporting rifle (And I'm sure I've left out some), the vast majority of rifle shooters in that pool have precious little in common with his discipline. There's a skillset overlap, but it's limited. Certainly, he's good at what he does, but, well, to suggest he's what an ISSF 10m air rifle shooter aspires to emulate, that's nonsense.

How many people shoot ISSF in this country? A sling shot would be just as accurate at 10m as seen on pat the warrener.:D

How many people shoot ISSF in this country? A sling shot would be just as accurate at 10m as seen on pat the warrener.:D

At least as many as shoot F-Class I'd bet. Some 100 or so competing on a regularish basis. Also, anyone who figures absolute accuracy is the major component part of target shooting has missed the point completely. Of course, none of this has anything to do with the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

[QUOTE= Of course, none of this has anything to do with the thread.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I asked.;)

Thats why I asked.;)

Difference is my original point was a response. Yours may have been lost in translation, but you don't seem to have made one, only singled out one discipline mentioned as examples in my original response and asked a totally irrelevant question, presumably with some agenda which you're now not continuing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Is the guy in question an F-Class shooter ?If so,whos ireland best f-class shooter,simple:D.If ,only......:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

well i'm not 100% sure what discipline ,long distance target stuff
    theres a reason i want the answer to this nothing sinister:D

Would you considet 10 meter Target shooting in your top 5?
    Or is your Question Specifically for Centrefire rifles?

Some of the pellet gunners get very excited if you leave there sport out OP, so be warned ;).

tomcat220t wrote: »
    Is the guy in question an F-Class shooter ?If so,whos ireland best f-class shooter,simple:D.If ,only......:P

You'd come a close 2nd or 3rd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

You'd come a close 2nd or 3rd ;)
    Would not regard myself even close to the f-class guys ,never mind 2nd or 3rd .Maybe in time, with lots more practice !There is a league been ran in the midlands and results from that should show a good order of standings here in ireland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've being following this thread, and was fairly reluctant to respond because to me its silly. The OP knows his brother, knows where he lives, and had better access to him than any of us. He claims his brother is the best shot in the world, Britain, and Ireland, and says he is Chairman of the NRAI after his posts with IRLConor.

So lets sort this out. Noel Kelly is the Chairman of the NRAI. Noel Kelly is without doubt the single most successful individual shooter in Ireland in recent years. While the Irish F-Class lads have won many medals, and awards over the years Noel has stood alone in his achievements as an individual shooter.

We also have Liam Fenlon. A man that may not be as "famous" as others, but through individual (and Team) efforts has achieved many awards, and i believe sill holds a record or two in F-Class shooting. Such is his ability that he shoots both F-open, and F-Class. A feat only one or two other shooters can claim.

Other than the two men named above no other F-Class shooters hold any records, awards, medals or titles near what the OP has asked about. So either the thread is a wind up, and no such person exists or the OP knows who he is talking about and can clear this all up with a name.

As for the OPs question. There is no set list of the top 5 shooters in F-Class. Like Golf there is a list of rankings, but they change with each competiton/event depending on the persons performance in that competition. The people to cotact on these matters are the NRAI. As NGB they would any such records, and not a person/user on Boards.ie.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

I forgot about Liam, since he move away 10 years ago I rarely see him.

A fantastic shooter, marksman and hunter.
    And a gentleman who would never talk down to anyone.

Noel as stated is what Joey Dunlop is to Irish roadracing to Irish longrange Shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Y'know, this is why I stopped watching Top Shot after episode one...

Advertisement