Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

key wont turn in a chubb lock

• 26-11-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, wondering if anyone can help , i have a chubb -type lock on the front door. From the inside the key turns to locl/unlock without any problem, but from the outside the key is getting stuck as I turn it. Sometimes i can get it to lock/unlock without a problem but other times it takes a bit of fiddling about. Just noticed this today. Anyone know what the problem might be and if there's a quick fix?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

lidl sell silicone spray that might get it moving. Ye should use graphite to lube that type of lock, but it not as handy to get.

Your key may also be worn.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 20carrolls

thanks gsxr1, will give that a try although as you say it might be the key, one part looks as if it has bent slightly.

Advertisement