Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture makers

Options
  • 26-11-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

After loosing the will to live and about 15 months dealing with suppliers in China biggrin.gif I am wondering does anyone know of anyone (company, someone handy with wood, carpenter etc) who could manufacture coffee tables, bedside tables etc on an on demand basis from a design provided by myself? cash up front of course.

It is not super high end stuff just simple furniture from very basic materials ( MDF,plywood) aimed at the mass market.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hi I could this for you no problem at all. I have a lot of experience in making all of what you require. PM me your designs and I will quote you for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭wwwboof

MrMatisse wrote: »
    Hi All,

After loosing the will to live and about 15 months dealing with suppliers in China biggrin.gif I am wondering does anyone know of anyone (company, someone handy with wood, carpenter etc) who could manufacture coffee tables, bedside tables etc on an on demand basis from a design provided by myself? cash up front of course.

It is not super high end stuff just simple furniture from very basic materials ( MDF,plywood) aimed at the mass market.

Thanks all.

if you like pm me the design and i could give you a qoute also where are you based:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I supply some people in the furniture trade with customised machined wood , including wood turning , no problem giving you a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

*bump*

I wanted to get someone to make an AV stand of wood for me, but not to assemble it (but have it ready and cut for assembly) as it won't fit in the room I need upstairs if it's already put together.

Any recommendations on who could do this for me? Am based in Co. Kilkenny but could collect the parts after they're cut and shaped and what not.

• Advertisement

I could cut all that for you no problem at all. Can even send it to by courier and with plans as well so you know how to put it together

I could cut all that for you no problem at all. Can even send it to by courier and with plans as well so you know how to put it together

That's brilliant, thanks! What's your email address and we'll exchange details. I'll send across plans today

A bump for the archives if anyone else has a need to have furniture made. galwaydude was fantastic, I gave him some basic dimensions of what I needed and he came up with something better than I would have thought, very pleased with it. Because of the spiral staircase to the room containing the furniture he helpfully made then unassembled the lot, wrapped it all up for the couriers and marked with detailed instructions and how to put back together. Am very pleased with it, highly recommended!

431764_358201987542403_100000578137420_1289006_887961442_n.jpg

A bump for the archives if anyone else has a need to have furniture made. galwaydude was fantastic, I gave him some basic dimensions of what I needed and he came up with something better than I would have thought, very pleased with it. Because of the spiral staircase to the room containing the furniture he helpfully made then unassembled the lot, wrapped it all up for the couriers and marked with detailed instructions and how to put back together. Am very pleased with it, highly recommended!

431764_358201987542403_100000578137420_1289006_887961442_n.jpg

Thanks Darren pleasure doing business with you! Delighted your happy with the end result. Excellent communication right the way through the project and hope to do business with you again on the future :-)

For anyone else interested I now have a Facebook page with work that I have manufactured and fitted all around the country. You will find it at www.facebook.com/jbshopfitting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 desward

Hi John,

My name is Des Ward, I own a small furniture design/make company in Dublin. If you ever needed and work done here are my contact details.

M - 0851963820
    E- Deswardfurniture@hotmail.com

Also run a small Custom Poker Table design/making business in Blanchardstown, Dublin if you even needed a table for a job.
    Full access to all woodworking machines, CNC machines, design software etc...

Hi Des,
    Thanks for your offer but I also have access to the whole range of woodwork machinery also . I'd be interested in doing work for you if you like?

desward wrote: »
    Hi John,

My name is Des Ward, I own a small furniture design/make company in Dublin. If you ever needed and work done here are my contact details.

M - 0851963820
    E- Deswardfurniture@hotmail.com

Also run a small Custom Poker Table design/making business in Blanchardstown, Dublin if you even needed a table for a job.
    Full access to all woodworking machines, CNC machines, design software etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 desward

Id say you would alright, the only problem is getting some in the door!lol. Hows business with yourself over in the west?

It's hard to get it through the door as well. It's very quiet the last month :-(

Advertisement