Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap MvC2/Black Friday

Options
  • 26-11-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could shine a little light on this, anyone who might know more about Xbox than me, professionally....

MvC2 is marked down from 1200 points to 320 points for Black Friday.

I tried to download it there through the Game Marketplace Black Friday link, but the actual cost that appears is 1200 points.

Am I too early, too late, or is it bizarrely US only?

The tagline is "Special offers starting on Tuesday, with special one day offers on Friday and Monday"

Which Tuesday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Black Friday was yesterday so I would presume that the offer is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Right but without any dates attached to this, it's not terribly intuitive.
    The display price of MvC2 is 320 points until you get to the payment confirmation screen.

There's apparently one day deals on a Monday too. Was it the Monday gone this week, or the Monday after this weekend? Will they be the same deals repeated or new deals?

What does Tuesday have to do with anything if the deals only started on a Friday?

Dates next to days would be awesome Microsoft!

Well Black Friday seems to have turned into a week long thing so most of the deals have been ongoing since last Monday, with the high point being yesterday supposedly. I agree that they should label the dates more clearly but Black Friday "week" was definitely last week so I'd be more inclined to think that they're referring to last Monday.

It wouldn't hurt to check next Monday though just in case!

I see that today is apparently "Cyber Monday" with a lot of deals going round on electronical goods and the like... so there's quite a possibility that it was this Monday Microsoft were referring to with regards the deal you found. Give it a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I figured it out in the end.

On Tuesday last week, a week of deals started.

On Black Friday, there was Black Friday only deals (including MvC2 for €3)

Saturday and Sunday reverted to the deals that started on Tuesday, even though it didn't refresh the advertising from Friday (So it still said "MvC2, 75% off today only"). This was the primary point of my confusion.

Monday was Cyber Monday, which replaced the Tues/Sat/Sun deals and changed the advertising again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement