Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boom Mic for Podcast - help?

Options
  • 26-11-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for advice on getting a good value boom mic for recording a podcast. I've searched boards and the threads i found were years old...

Here's my setup - we do the podcast in my living room, it's quiet, 3 people within 2 feet of each other. I've been using a regular USB microphone but since we're not right next to the mic, there's a large ratio of noise to speech and even with hiss/noise reduction (i use cool edit pro) it's still pretty bad; i need to upgrade.

It doesn't have to be excellent quality - it's just an internet-only audio podcast, but i would like to have it sounding better, no hiss. Roughly 100 euros is what I can afford (although the cheaper the better). Can ye point me in the right direction for a usb boom mic?

Would a Rode NT5 Condenser Microphone be a good fit? Are any of these any good (adverts.ie link)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

Hi Jay - I have a snowball - it is very good. its from Bluemicrophones. it stands up on its own - no hiss.
    In the link you posted there was senheiser micrpohones - they are a good make.

Advertisement